Trailer Mirrors - 1999 Toyota 4Runner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2006, 09:00 AM   #1

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1982 16 ft
Registry
I have been looking high and low for towing mirrors designed for my 4Runner. I have seen several of the strap-on type, but people on this sight panned them, because they loosen.

Any recommendations/suggestions?

I really hope to find a set of slip-ons that match the Toyota stadard mirrors. I really do not want the old-style with a strut bolted to the door.

Can I replace the Toyota mirrors with towing mirrors easily?

Vic
Victor Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:06 AM   #2

Trailer: 73 Boler
Yea. I ran into the same problem getting slip ons for my 98 Tacoma. I gave up. I can see just good enough with my stockers towing a boler.
colin k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:22 AM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
I have seen several of the strap-on type, but people on this sight panned them, because they loosen.

Any recommendations/suggestions?
I use the strap-on type, because overall, they are simple.
I haven't had one loosen significantly while on the road, yet. My Fiber Stream's widest point is at the floor, because it does not have a belly band. I feel that this minor point contributes to the ease of seeing behind it.
I use the Odyssey's main mirrors most of the time, The extensions add to the picture; not replace it.
Attached Thumbnails
Backing_in.jpg  
Old 05-14-2006, 10:40 AM   #4

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
I tryed the strap on mirrors also.... Toyota doesnt make the slip on's so thats out.... I had McKeesh Mirrors, which are very good. but i just didnt want to bother with them... I found these instead.. they arent real big but to help in seeing farther behind you.. they dont viberate like those strap ons..... They havea suckion cup that your tighten.. I havent found them to loosen up or anything either... The mirror itself isnt real big, but it serves the purpose
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote