Trillium 1300 dinette leaf storage - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2014, 09:42 PM   #1

Name: J
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
Trillium 1300 dinette leaf storage

I followed all of the instructions for turning the bed into table and all but don't see in the instructions where to store the leaf when not in use.
JBjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:31 AM   #2

Trailer: Trillium
Registry
What leaf? My 1300 had a one piece table top. It was lowered to make the bed. Nothing left over.
Noreen Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:03 AM   #3

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBjunior View Post
I followed all of the instructions for turning the bed into table and all but don't see in the instructions where to store the leaf when not in use.
Our 13' Scamp Deluxe had a small table that needed a leaf to make a large bed, and it was a hassle to set-up/tear-down and store. I changed the table out to a hinged two piece top so we could still use the very handy small table, or an enlarged version when needed, without having to stow away the extra leaf every time. This modification really made it easy to make the transformation from table to bed (along with just using a double sleeping bag that stowed easily).
Happy Camping
Dave & Paula
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01170.jpg   DSC01171.jpg  

DSC01172.jpg   DSC01184.jpg  

David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:35 AM   #4

North Carolina
It has a leaf that inserts in the middle for transfer from short table to long table and to the bed. It has a place and is easy to use, I just can't remember where it attached to from when I started.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:54 AM   #5

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
That must be an owner mod because as Noreen states the 1300 have a one piece table I believe.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:32 AM   #6

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Storing the leaf in the closet makes sense to me.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:06 AM   #7

Trailer: Trillium
Registry
How about a picture?
Noreen Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:00 AM   #8

Name: Dennis & Linda
Trailer: Leocraft 17ft fiberglass rv by Monarch Industries
Ontario
Registry
Leaf Table Storage

Hi folks! Our 1975 1300 came with a full table from the factory. Later Trillium came out with the leaf table so we drove to the factory and had them exchange our full for the leaf. We watched the installation while we waited. 'Tom' installed the leaf against the back wall of the closet. He cut out a piece of the insulation at the top where the leaf touched the wall and glued a small square piece of wood to the outer glass wall. He then screwed on to the wood a bolt lock that held the leaf in place . Worked like a charm. But I believe I moved it to the right side of the closet later as we found it easier to access.
Dennis Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:29 PM   #9

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
The leaf table was an option, more frequently selected on the 4500, (part of the Deluxe package) but available on the 1300. I like the table without the leaf. It is like a bar table then.

If your trailer came with the leaf table, Trillium should have already installed a block of wood, under the ensolite, on the back wall of the closet, that has a sliding bolt type of gate latch. Also another block is installed on the bottom of the closet. This is about an inch, maybe an inch and a half from the back wall of the closet. The side of the leaf is inserted in the groove made by the bottom block. The bolt is slid up to insert the top of the leaf. Then, the bolt is allowed to fall, holding the leaf in place. The top of the table, that is visible when the leaf is in use, should be facing the back wall of the closet, because the sliding bolt beats up the leaf while in transit.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:10 PM   #10
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
The problem with the leaf being stored in the closet which I have on mine is that you have to move everything out of the closet to get it in or out. I just slide it under the table on end and it is much easier to set up and it is never in the way
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:54 AM   #11

North Carolina
Thanks for all of the replies. I can get a picture some other time, currently in a cross Canada to Alaska trip, should be done soon.

Tags
trillium