Trillium 1300 Frame Question - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #15

Name: Ruth
Trailer: 2008 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe/'78 Trillium 1300
Arkansas
Registry
Thank you!

Spanke, I am green with envy. It's almost a shame to cover up that beautiful frame with the body.
Carol, I KNEW it was easy to post pics. I think my frustrations with the trailer are addling my brain.
And David, WOW! You're more thorough than my doctor! Thank you so much for the diagnosis. I think you've given me a little hope because I'm now excited to get out there and get busy again (as opposed to hiding under the covers). As for the floor, since it felt so firm, I was just going to leave it, but now I think I'll have to pull up the linoleum and carpeting to check for rot. There is no flooring in the dinette storage areas or the furnace area, and under the replacement fridge there's a thin, dry, original floor area topped with a piece of plywood screwed down over it for some reason. I'll start a new thread on the floor if I can't identify any issues I find.

Thanks again for all of your help!!
Ruth

Old 11-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #16

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Ruth,

Attached are two pictures from the bottom of one of my 1300 trailers. You can see the two cross members near the front, but nothing till just before the axle. you can also see the extra metal plates that were welded in to reinforce the frame. Kinda looks like they went overboard. Those plates are almost 3 feet long on the sides.

If your wood beams are a fix for rotten plywood in your floor, It seems like a good fix. They probably don't add more then 50lb. If your floor is rotten, which is unlikely, it would be quite a job to replace.
Attached Thumbnails
Wedding Gift - Frame 01.jpg   Wedding Gift - Frame 02.jpg  

Old 03-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #17

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1980Trillium 1300
Ontario
Frame of 1300 Trillium-1980

Here is my frame:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG415.jpg  
Old 03-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #18

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Whatcha got goin' on there, Randy? Total frame-off restoration? If so, you might think about starting a whole new thread on the subject.

We love to follow individual projects like that!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:47 PM   #19

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Whatcha got goin' on there, Randy? Total frame-off restoration? If so, you might think about starting a whole new thread on the subject.

We love to follow individual projects like that!

Francesca
...Hi, there. I am a...brand new member, just ....yesterday but I might have...hundreds of pictures about...DIY for your trailer, actually...my trailer. I am just 5feet 2, weight 130lbs but believe me or not, ALL I DO BY MYSELF, including...pulling the whole frame off the...shell, of course with....tricks. Please welcome to...ME, brand new member. Some.... of my tricks....might help...someone. Cheer!...
Old 03-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #20

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinh View Post
...Hi, there. I am a...brand new member, just ....yesterday but I might have...hundreds of pictures about...DIY for your trailer, actually...my trailer. I am just 5feet 2, weight 130lbs but believe me or not, ALL I DO BY MYSELF, including...pulling the whole frame off the...shell, of course with....tricks. Please welcome to...ME, brand new member. Some.... of my tricks....might help...someone. Cheer!...
Mother lode!

Pleasepleaseplease do post a from-the-beginning type thread..."before and after" pics mandatory!

Here's a link to the right part of the site to start such a thread in: Modifications, alterations, and updates.

We'll be watching for it...

Francesca

P.S.
By the way:
Welcome to the site!
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #21

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Mother lode!

Pleasepleaseplease do post a from-the-beginning type thread..."before and after" pics mandatory!

Here's a link to the right part of the site to start such a thread in: Modifications, alterations, and updates.

We'll be watching for it...

Francesca

P.S.
By the way:
Welcome to the site!
...Thankyou for your encouragement. I will keep tag of all steps, photos,...from beginning to the end(must be a lot, though). Right now, I am just in state of beginning of restoration/modification. When I bought the Trillium, it only had 117vac circuitry, one small fridge, a little propane oven. Inside @ front driverside corner, fiberglass shell had cracks and no water tank what-soever.. Here is my plan: 1/ Check, reinforce frame, pain it... 2/ Run a combination of electrical system, including 117VAC, 12VDC from battery charger/booster and an independant 12VDC from battery. That includes adding reading light for each bed(3 beds), extra 12VDC power supplies, control panel with breaker, switches, lights as indicators, fan for roof vent, backup alarm when in reverse and back up flood light @ rear bumper for night time in...the bush. Also add air condition(heater I preffer portable)...3/ Doing body work of shell, re-polish all alum windows and re-seal them and finally...paint the whole shell in a rent shop. When it gets home, adding stripes, letters or might be some weird pictures with air-brush( I wish I got the time). Also add water tank with 50liter capacity. The old floor was carpet, I will replace it with plastic laminate/water resistant one. Not mention about redo the bunk bed with aluminum frames, pull out mini talbe with cup holders...also relocate spare tire with bike rack at rear...Bottom line, I love to work for...me, some kind of hobby. I might show you the utility trailer I made from several years ago with....Honda civic rims and tires. Cheer.

Tags
trillium