Trillium 1300 - Information on shelf over dining table - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-09-2008, 11:48 AM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hi,

I am looking at a 1972 Trillium 1300 that does not have the shelf over the dining table. I notice that some later years have it and others do not. It is a feature I like on the Trills. I am guessing it is not part of the fibreglass structure and has been attached similar to a boler cabinet/shelf. Does anyone have pictures of how it's attached to the shell?

For my historical knowledge - does anyone know if this was an option on Trilliums (I don't see it mentioned in the Trillium Brouchures) or was standard after 197x?.

Thanks!
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:07 AM   #2

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / Chevy Astrovan
Our Trill doesn't have one.
Connie M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:05 AM   #3

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
I notice that some later years have it and others do not. It is a feature I like on the Trills.
My understanding is there was a "base" model (like ours) and a "deluxe" model which added the front/rear shelves, door window, under-seat doors, etc. We don't miss any of the deluxe features which probably added a tiny bit of weight, but we are considering adding a shelf above the dinette. Ours would probably be of the removable type, though. Maybe just a filet or a piece of sturdy fabric from one side to the other, with hooks on each side and rear into the window's wooden frame. I believe many others have just built a wooden shelf/cabinet and fastened it to the window frame.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:06 AM   #4

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
This feature is/was on the deluxe model. While ours doesn't have one, I have obtained one in case we decide to use it. Its more the one over the dinette we'd like to obtain/add on. The front one attaches with screws to pre installed blocks of wood (under the liner) in front of the upper cabinate and also to the burried wooden door frame. I believe it MAY also attach to the wooden window frame at the front of the trailer.
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:42 PM   #5

Thanks everyone.

Doug, is the one you have fibreglass? The picture I have of this one makes it look like it:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...st&id=14818

By the way, where did you get that great looking awning on your trailer!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:41 PM   #6

Registry
....thanks for the complement on the awning. It was supplied and installed by the good folks at Escape Trailer (Reace an co.) in Chilliwack B.C. It is longer than the ones mostly used on our 'sister eggs' (Bolers) because of the difference in basic body shape. The awnings manufacturer's name escapes (no pun intended ) me but I can check it for you tomorrow if you'd like, it comes in a handfull of different colors but the undersides of all are your basic r/v white.

The link to the picture you are showing is for the REAR shelf and is INDEED the one we would be looking for because we have chosen to keep the rear bed made up all the time so knockin our/MY noggin on it won't be an issue, whereas IF we installed the one at the front, I'd have a continuous bruise on my forehead, LOL!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Where__d_everybody_go.jpg  
Old 03-12-2008, 11:36 AM   #7

Yes, please let me know the manufacturer's name and (if you wouldn't mind) the price of it.

Now this thread is really off topic =)

Quote:
....thanks for the complement on the awning. It was supplied and installed by the good folks at Escape Trailer (Reace an co.) in Chilliwack B.C. It is longer than the ones mostly used on our 'sister eggs' (Bolers) because of the difference in basic body shape. The awnings manufacturer's name escapes (no pun intended ) me but I can check it for you tomorrow if you'd like, it comes in a handfull of different colors but the undersides of all are your basic r/v white.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:47 AM   #8

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Quote:
Hi,

I am looking at a 1972 Trillium 1300 that does not have the shelf over the dining table. I notice that some later years have it and others do not. It is a feature I like on the Trills. I am guessing it is not part of the fibreglass structure and has been attached similar to a boler cabinet/shelf. Does anyone have pictures of how it's attached to the shell?

For my historical knowledge - does anyone know if this was an option on Trilliums (I don't see it mentioned in the Trillium Brouchures) or was standard after 197x?.

Thanks!
Is this similar to what you were thinking of? I fabbed those last spring to gain storage (no more suitcases) Larry
Attached Thumbnails
scamp001.JPG   scamp003.JPG  

Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:12 PM   #9

Registry
Booker, back in February, Reace quoted a price of $350 IF you have the track already installed on your roof. MORE if you don't. He'll be at our spring meet the weekend of May 11/13 here at the Ft.langley campground IF ya feel like taking a cruise offa da ROCK an come see some 60 odd trailers toughin it out together, LOL!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 10:16 AM   #10

Thanks for the awning feedback Doug!

I have looked at all the the pics of the Ft Langley get-together's - some pretty nice trailers in there (espicially the Trilliums) . Unfortunately, I have been roped into coaching my son's soccer team this year so my weekends are now booked until June - the pitfalls of volunteering to help out =)
Old 03-13-2008, 02:19 PM   #11

Registry
....well, we will let you off with a warning Booker.

The warning is:
We DO this event twice a year, May and Sept, so keep us in mind!!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 09:42 PM   #12

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Trillium
Booker, did you ever get a look at those fibreglass shelf units in the "deluxe" Trillium 13s? If not, I can attempt to photograph the ones in our new unit. This being our first experience with the Trillium, I was unaware they were not standard.

Dave
David Swinnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:54 PM   #13

It seems the shelf was an option from 1973 onwards (or possible 72 though I have not seen one with this feature) and I don't know if they are considered deluxe models or not. Options on the Trills included the door window, stove window, furnace, or fridge and I have seen combinations of all of these on various models.

The shelf seems to be more prevalent in later models. Later models (1978 onwards it would seem) have cabinets on top of the shelf both front and back as do the Trillium 4500's that started coming out around this time.

A Trillium with the shelf is what we are looking for. What I would really like to know is if any of the Orange interior models ever came with the fiberglass shelf... that would be a sight to see =)

Tags
trillium