Trillium 1976 water tank. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2014, 08:52 AM   #1

Name: I.
Trailer: Trillium
Quebec
Trillium 1976 water tank.

Hi,
When I bought the 76 Trillium, the previous owner had the water tank removed. I would like to put one in.
What should I buy ? What size ?
The restoration of the Trillium was delayed for 2 years but a soon as april arrive, i'll start on it.
Your feedback is appreciated.
Thanks
Lou.
x2uol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:49 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Where was the original water tank put? In my '76 it was under the curb side dinette seat, with the gravity fill there too. I took my tank out too, and will fill in the hole from the water fill, and instead using a submersible pump from a water container outside.

I had considered putting another one in under the dinette seat. The original one was a cube in shape, and really wasted prime storage space. If I did one there, I would decide on a size desired, then get one as shallow as possible, and fitting side-to-side, and front-to-back as tight as possible. This would leave room on top to store things.

Another way of doing it, is to buy a shallow tank, and strap it underneath the trailer, between the frame members.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:04 PM   #3

Name: Duane
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
New Brunswick
Trillium water tank

Hi I have a 1976 Trillium 1300 I just bought, with the water tank in it. Mine is under the curbside seat aft of the door. If I can I will measure it and give you the info. I have the trailer covered now for the winter. If we get a nice day maybe I can un-cover it to get inside. I guess the tank is about 10"x 10" x 18"-20" long made of white plastic, it has a winter drain cock on the front end below the supply tubing for the sink. I suppose someone may have one of these they will sell to you. Good luck with your Trillium project.
Cheers, Duane
getaway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:19 PM   #4

Name: I.
Trailer: Trillium
Quebec
Thanks Duane

Hi,
Don't make a special, but later when the weather will permit it,
I would appreciate a picture if it's possible.
Have a nice winter.
Lou.
x2uol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 09:50 PM   #5

New Brunswick
Trillium 1976 water tank

Hi Lou can do ! I will be taking my water tank out to do some work in that area. I will take some pictures and post them for you. I hope I don't forget to do that. Don't know if there is any info on the tank anywhere yet.
Later,Duane
Old 06-14-2015, 06:28 AM   #6

New Brunswick
Trillium water tank pictures

Hi Luke I have taken some pictures of my water tank for you. It is made by LUCO in Bristol ,Indiana Gravity tank measures 171/2 " long x 13" wide x 10" high. Hose barbs are 3/8" dia & fill neck is 1 3/8" dia. The valve at the front is a drain that goes through the floor via a short hose. I have tried to show a photo I hope you can view it OK.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:40 AM   #7

New Brunswick
Correction; Message shold have been to "Lou" in Quebec not Luke. Duane
Old 06-28-2015, 03:00 PM   #8

Name: kacey
Trailer: Former scamp owner
Wisconsin
Help Any reason for TWO vent hoses from freshwater tank Mid teardown today Kay Cchandka@ sbcglobal.net

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
cchandka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:33 PM   #9

Name: Martin
Trailer: Trillium 4500 1977
Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2uol View Post
Hi,
When I bought the 76 Trillium, the previous owner had the water tank removed. I would like to put one in.
What should I buy ? What size ?
The restoration of the Trillium was delayed for 2 years but a soon as april arrive, i'll start on it.
Your feedback is appreciated.
Thanks
Lou.
Hi,
I don't know if you are still working on it, but I would like to point out the critical location where the water tank was originally located: over the axle, as low as possible, to maintain proper balance no matter the water level. If you only fill up your water tank as you arrive somewhere, it is not as critical, but driving with a full water tank that is located higher or off balance has lots of chances to make the Trillium unstable on the road.

The material used to manufacture the water tanks is usually polyethylene, which is light, stong and safe for drinking water, but very hard to patch or weld on the road if damaged. I'm pretty sure you can find a manufacturer who can make one if you check on Google for "custom made RV water tank" keywords for instance. There are also some welders that can make ont out of much tougher stainless steel sheets, but price and weight of such material won't be in the same range.

Maybe you will be lucky to find a used one, you could save a lot, but cleaning it to make it suitable for drinking water might be a challenge.

Good luck, (also member of FB / Bolerama Québec in French)

Martin
Old 07-02-2015, 11:06 AM   #10

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I have three Trillium 1300's. The water tank is in the dinette seat. On one, it is on the curb side, the other two it is on the street, (kitchen side). 4500's have a central mounted somewhat flat tank located in the center, just behind the axle.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium