Trillium 4500 maximum awning size - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-18-2014, 03:31 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Trillium 4500 maximum awning size

I apologize if this has been asked before. I looked but didn't see a definitive answer, if there even is one.

We currently have a ShadeMaker Supreme. I believe it's the 9' as the lead bar measures 103". Nothing wrong with it except we've been updating the egg and it's now the wrong colour.

Now, since we are going to purchase another awning, I would like to get one as large as possible. We've discovered it gets a little crowded under it with 2 lafumas and a large dog crate/bed, not to mention the cat has been joining us too.

I've been looking at getting a 10' or even 11' ShadeMaker, but I'm leaning towards the Carefree Campout and now that I'm comparing apples and oranges because of the way the sizes are listed, I'm not sure what to do.

So I'm hoping that there are some 4500 owners (or Campout owners for that matter), that can help me figure out what size would be practical.

Oh, and one more thing. We are aware that the rail will probably extend over the curve on a larger awning, and my husband is planning on fabricating some aluminum supports or something for it.

Thank you and sorry for the long question,
Linda.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:40 PM   #2

Name: Ben
Trailer: Triple E
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda D View Post
I apologize if this has been asked before. I looked but didn't see a definitive answer, if there even is one.

We currently have a ShadeMaker Supreme. I believe it's the 9' as the lead bar measures 103". Nothing wrong with it except we've been updating the egg and it's now the wrong colour.

Now, since we are going to purchase another awning, I would like to get one as large as possible. We've discovered it gets a little crowded under it with 2 lafumas and a large dog crate/bed, not to mention the cat has been joining us too.

I've been looking at getting a 10' or even 11' ShadeMaker, but I'm leaning towards the Carefree Campout and now that I'm comparing apples and oranges because of the way the sizes are listed, I'm not sure what to do.

So I'm hoping that there are some 4500 owners (or Campout owners for that matter), that can help me figure out what size would be practical.

Oh, and one more thing. We are aware that the rail will probably extend over the curve on a larger awning, and my husband is planning on fabricating some aluminum supports or something for it.

Thank you and sorry for the long question,
Linda.
Hi Linda,

I'm looking at adding an awning to my Surfside, which used the same moulds as the 4500's. I'm curious as to what you ended up doing with your awning?

Thanks,

Ben

Old 03-06-2015, 07:06 PM   #3

Name: Ben
Trailer: Triple E
Colorado
Can anyone else chime in on the max awning size for a Trillium 4500/Surfside? I've more or less settled on the Campout Awning from Carefree. I know the 2.5M will fit no problem, but I'd love to know if the 3.0 M will fit and my camper is currently stored for the winter at someone else's property where access is tough until the snow melts.

Thanks.

Tags
awning, trillium