Trillium 4500 Tail Lights - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2007, 06:17 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 4500
My 1980 Trillium 4500 has an extra light bulb (1156) on the right side to the left of the 1157 bulb. Does any one know what the pupose of this would be. I thought at first it was a backup light but I don't think the 7 way plug includes that. Then I thought it was for the licence plate running light but that is always located on the left tail light with the plate. The bulb seems fine but I am not understanding the purpose of this extra light inside the right tail light.
Joe Loiacono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:51 AM   #2

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Quote:
My 1980 Trillium 4500 has an extra light bulb (1156) on the right side to the left of the 1157 bulb. Does any one know what the pupose of this would be. I thought at first it was a backup light but I don't think the 7 way plug includes that. Then I thought it was for the licence plate running light but that is always located on the left tail light with the plate. The bulb seems fine but I am not understanding the purpose of this extra light inside the right tail light.
I found the wiring diagram and it shows that the extra bulb is a running/licenceplate light and that makes sense, but I don't understand why it is on the right side when the left taillight with the plate bracket is on the left. Does the plate bracket separate from the unit? I am thinking this was mounted incorrectly originally or the previous owner got them mixed up somehow. The thing I am confused about is that the tail lights seem to have the original mounting rivets in place.
Joe Loiacono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lighting, lights, tail lights, trillium