Trillium Awning - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2014, 02:46 PM   #1

Name: Phil & Margot
Trailer: 1982 Boler 17' 2002 Honda Odyssey. Replaced with a 2010 Odyssey
Ottawa, Ontario
Trillium Awning

Hi all. I'm so glad I found this site.
We are newbies We spent the month of June touring Labrador/Newfoundland in our 44 yr old Coleman metal bodied 13ft trailer. Sadly we had to leave it at my brothers in Halifax. The roads up thru Quebec were just too much for it and it was falling apart.
When we got back we started looking and found a 1980 Trillium 4500. We love it but I'm having a problem mounting the awning. I'm pretty sure the roller part mounts to the trailer as the frilly part is on the other end to hang down. However the poles don't seem to go on the part that pulls out. The other end has a pointy end to go into brackets on the bottom of the trailler. Am I missing parts, or is this from something else? I'm going to try to download pics. Hope it works.
Thanks
Phil
Attached Thumbnails
2014-08-28 23.47.20.jpg   2014-08-28 23.48.25.jpg  

Philsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:52 PM   #2

Name: lyle
Trailer: Trillium
Michigan
Registry
The alum piece on the end of your awning is not the original which was round. It had metal protrusions on each end that mated with the poles you show. The makers of the awning are not around. Good luck in locating missing pieces. Occasionally someone on this site will have parts for sale or give away. Or you can prob more easily just get or frabicate poles to match the piece you now have.
clyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:55 PM   #3

Michigan
Registry
In any case, if you decide to replace your awning, I would be interested in purchasing yours as it is the same as mine.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:32 PM   #4

Michigan
Registry
Here is a pic of the original awning lower roller tube.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 09-05-2014, 04:07 AM   #5

Name: Phil & Margot
Trailer: 1982 Boler 17' 2002 Honda Odyssey. Replaced with a 2010 Odyssey
Ottawa, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyle View Post
Here is a pic of the original awning lower roller tube.

So the roller is the lower part. I figured the roller slid into the groove on the trailer and the flap then would hang down from the aluminum part. Anyway now I can manufacture something to work.
Thanks Lyle
Philsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:22 AM   #6

Michigan
Registry
The roller (the part that the canvas rolls around on) IS in the larger plastic tube thingy that is attached to the trailer. Forgive me my ignorance of the correct terminology. The smaller tube which the legs/braces attach to (round originally, square on your setup) pulls out/away from the trailer. The plastic covering that you see on my pic is largely cosmetic. My best explanations/descriptions require lots of hand gestures and pictures drawn in the dirt with a stick

Tags
awning, trillium