Trillium Front Door Window - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-05-2016, 09:54 AM   #15

Name: Randy
Trailer: (3)Trillium 4500,(4)Trillium 1300
Ardmore, Alabama
I had the same issue with mine but it had shrunk so much it was 2" inches short... My glass guy tried to find the seal but no luck so day before yesterday I pulled the old one out put in a pot of bleach boiled it for 15 minutes took it out and stretched the dog crap out of it, left it out in the Alabama sun most of the first day and all day yesterday and re-installed it yesterday evening.. turned out to be 1" too long but I kept rubbing it and coaxing it till I got it re-installed and so far looks great... Might shrink in the coming months when it gets cold, thought about gluing it in but thought better of it, would be very hard to get it out if I ever needed too....

Old 05-18-2017, 04:40 AM   #16

Name: Janice & Rick
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Nova Scotia
Registry
Reviving the Trillium door window gasket thread

Hi - Still looking for the gasket, trim, not sure what it should be officially labeled - has anyone had any luck with a supplier, dealer, garage?

We took ours out last night for a good scrub and possible lengthening?

I took a picture of the end of it. Hoping this post will revive some interest.
Attached Thumbnails
trillium door window gasket IMG_2261.JPG  

Old 05-18-2017, 04:42 AM   #17

Nova Scotia
Registry
Thanks, Randy! That is about what we have in mind for right now. Very glad to know you had some success with it!
Old 05-18-2017, 09:26 AM   #18

Name: Larry H
Trailer: Trillium
Arizona
Window seal?

Hello,

Here is one from Vintage Trailer Supply. Might work?

Glazing Strip for Vintage Hehr Hallmark 12 1201 1202 Window

Larry H
Old 07-09-2017, 08:01 AM   #19

Nova Scotia
Registry
I am reviving this conversation, hopefully, in that someone has discovered a good replacement. Colleen wrote that she solved her problem and it was simple - would love to hear what that was. Thanks all.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:32 AM   #20

Name: John
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Michigan
Registry
I believe it is Interstate 009-344 as mentioned in this post:

Boler 1700 Window Seals

Disclaimer: I have not purchased this seal or tried it. I do have the problem with shrunken window seals on my Boler 1700, but am putting off replacing them. So far, I have started cleaning the window seals and temporarily filling the gaps with color-matched DAP Dynaflex 230 caulk.

Edit: Currently I am pulling the windows, cleaning, sealing and re-installing with a double layer if 1/8" thick butyl tape. Sealing the radius window seals with DAP Dynaflex 230 caulk as a stop-gap measure to stop water intrusion. At some point I will probably replace the seals.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:33 AM   #21

Nova Scotia
Registry
Thanks - have looked and looked through the links - I don't believe the Trillium gasket for the door window exists anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Michigan View Post
I believe it is Interstate 009-344 as mentioned in this post:

Boler 1700 Window Seals

Disclaimer: I have not purchased this seal or tried it. I do have the problem with shrunken window seals on my Boler 1700, but am putting off replacing them. So far, I have started cleaning the window seals and temporarily filling the gaps with color-matched DAP Dynaflex 230 caulk.

Edit: Currently I am pulling the windows, cleaning, sealing and re-installing with a double layer if 1/8" thick butyl tape. Sealing the radius window seals with DAP Dynaflex 230 caulk as a stop-gap measure to stop water intrusion. At some point I will probably replace the seals.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:48 AM   #22

Name: John
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Michigan
Registry
JRTrillium, the Interstate 009-344 profile photo posted on the Interstate website sure looks like the profile photo you posted. Also, 009-311 and 009-479.

I did a general search "hehr 009-344" and found several web stores that sell a seal with that profile.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:23 AM   #23

Nova Scotia
Registry
OK - I will look again - thank you.

John in Michigan!! You are right - that is it. I don't know how I missed that. Now it's just a matter of seeing if it's actually available - will definitely post here to let folks know. Thanks for double checking for me.

Tags
trillium