Trillium Help!!!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2016, 11:05 PM   #1

Name: Michael
Trailer: In the market
Illinois
Trillium Help!!!!

I am redoing a 1979 Trillium. Almost completed, but I have a couple of items I need purchase.

1. I need the rubber gasket that glues on to the door frame. I found some but the frame gets 1/2" wide in places and the gasket was too small. Help!

2. I need to locate the almond color plastic strips or splicers that go in the headliner of the camper.

Other than these two items, I am almost finished. Your help is appreciated.
donksax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 04:19 AM   #2
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Hello Michael and welcome to the forum. Trilliums I've seen use a product called Trimlok around the door frame. Basically it's a metal edge that clamps to the frame with a foam tube attached. It comes in different bulb sizes and channel widths. Do a Google search, you'll find the manufacturer. There was a fellow on EBay who sold it by the foot. My 2010 Trillium has one large bulb but I've seen earlier Trilliums use a smaller bulb and flat closed cell foam on the door.

The plastic strips for the headliner (which is most likely ensolite), is called T molding. It's my understanding it is no longer available. I have seen a product used to edge tables also called T molding. Perhaps that can be adapted? Do a site search for T molding to get some ideas. Good luck with your project. Raz
Attached Thumbnails
1481191746293.jpg  
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:52 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Some rehabbers dispense with the T-molding altogether and fill the seams with a latex caulk. It can be textured to approximate the surface of the Ensolite. It's often a preliminary to painting the whole lining, but it might give an acceptable result even without painting using almond-tinted caulk. You could test in a small, inconspicuous area first.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium