Trillium Owners near San Francisco - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2006, 07:12 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium
This year, trailers will be manufactured again under the brand name Trillium.
The molds will be ready in the spring '06. Prior to that, a lot of suppliers need to be setup with exact dimensions and drawings. I am looking for owners of both models 1300 & 4500, close to San Francisco, so that I can make some detailed drawings of interior furnishings.

Please contact me at TrilliumRV@netscape.net

By doing this in advance, it will save a lot of start-up time.

Thanks
Tom Young
Tom Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 03:39 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Tom, how exciting! I will be looking for your new eggs in the near future!

I am not absolutely positive that this is a 1300, but I *think* there is one on an RV lot just a smidge north of Keyes, Ca. Right on the 99, east side of the freeway. (I did a post about it in "Sightings")

A google search came up with the most likely Dealer based on what I can remember about the geography as I was zipping by southbound.

I think it's Dons RV center:

4872 Rohde Rd
Ceres, CA 95307
(209) 556-9993

Not positive, but a google search for RV dealers from Modesto to Keyes can't hurt for ya. I KNOW it's there, just could not get to it and I was near there when it appeared closed.

Good luck!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 04:32 PM   #3

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Tom, I admire what you are doing but I am a little confused.

Isn't Trillium already manufacturing the Outback in Canada? Brand conflict?

Are you proposing building another 13ft, more or less, in CA in addition to the larger model? It's nice that it is closer to many in the US but why wouldn't those that want a Trilllium purchase it from Canada?

Sound like you will be making new molds patterned after existing models, big investment.
I wish you well and look forward to seeing another manufacturer especially in the US. Keep everyone here posted as Trillium is a good design.

Santiago in Anaheim

Quote:
This year, trailers will be manufactured again under the brand name Trillium.
The molds will be ready in the spring '06. Prior to that, a lot of suppliers need to be setup with exact dimensions and drawings. I am looking for owners of both models 1300 & 4500, close to San Francisco, so that I can make some detailed drawings of interior furnishings.

Please contact me at TrilliumRV@netscape.net

By doing this in advance, it will save a lot of start-up time.

Thanks
Tom Young
Old 01-08-2006, 02:48 AM   #4

Trailer: Trillium
Hello

Gina:
Thanks for the info. I'll take a ride to check it out next week.

Santiago:
Thanks for your concern. I am aware of the scope of my undertaking. I am a former executive of the old Trillium Company. I did much of technical, organizational, and sales work at the factory. During my time there, over 13,000 Trilliums were built.

Outback: Yes, these trailers are being built with the old Trillium 1300 molds.
They are built by Team Trillium Manufacturing, under the brand name 'Outback'.
There is no relationship between this company and the original Trillium factory.
There will be no 'conflict'. The Outback & Trillium trailers will be different, but share the same body. We are entering into a joint marketing/manufacturing agreement.
(Much like: Dodge/Chrysler; Mercury/Lincoln; Pontiac/Cadillac, etc. - for marketing & brand ID.)

New Trillium Company: Formed by myself to produce the trailer under the TM Brand name "Trillium".
Titling and vehicle registration will read "Trillium".
This trailer will be manufactured to a very high quality standard, including many 'options' as standard equipment. It will be second to none, as it was in the 70's & 80's.

Over the years, I had thought many times of restarting the trailer manufacturing business. Various opportunities have presented themselves now, and the time is right for the trailer today.
I look forward to the challenge, and can assure everyone that there will be no disappointments.

For those interested, the website will be upgraded & updated shortly. (It's a big job.)
Web: TrilliumRV.com
email: TrilliumRV@netscape.net

Thanks to all for your words of encouragement.

Tom Young
Tom Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:40 PM   #5

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Tom, unless you are close anyway, I wold make some phone calls first. The trailer I saw had characteristics of many fiberglass trailers, and I cannot be sure it was any particular brand. I at first thought it was a Perris Pacer, but it was too square and missing the long window, and a Boler, but the shape wasn't perfect either. I looked at your old photos and the graphics and squarishness now make me *think* it is a trillium, but I would hate for you to run into the middle of nowhere to find a Non Trillium.

Can't be that many RV dealers there! It is north of the Keyes Raod exit by not much.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:41 PM   #6

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Thank you for the clarification Tom. Looks like a worthwhile venture and the product itself has a great reputation. It' the only currently manufactured egg in North America that has Euro like styling. I like the 12vdc fridge, that's the way to go.

I look forward hearing more about your new company and your trailers in the months to come. You can be sure I will visit after you are well established in the bay area as I live in southern California.

Good luck.

Santiago in Anaheim

Tags
trillium