Trillium: Water Question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2014, 03:57 PM   #1

Name: GK
Trailer: Trillium 1300 - 1975
Ontario
Trillium: Water Question

Hello All

We recently purchased a 1975 1300 in very reasonable condition. No major upgrades or mods planned as yet, just getting everything shipshape for an early summer trip to the Maritimes.

I would like some advice on water. The "plug- in" water fitting and faucet works fine. The problem is the hand operated faucet which pumps water from the water tank. The tank fills OK - no leaks - but the faucet will not pump it up.

- Is there access to the faucet workings other than removing the screws and pulling it out of the counter?

- Anyone had any experience with this? I did not find a similar topic/thread here.

Being new to Trilliums and trailers in general, I would appreciate some advice.

Thanks in advance,

Greg - Ottawa
GKDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:08 PM   #2

Name: Jeremy
Trailer: 1978 Tripple E Surfside
British Columbia
Registry
probably best to take the screws out and pull the unit- it is a pretty simple process, then give it a good cleaning, mine is a Dometic hand pump and after a soak/wash it worked like new - unfortunately my water tank has a big hole in it

so if that doesn't work we could just camp together and use your tank with my pump and we will be set!
jrocmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #3

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I am assuming you have a furnace. The cupboard that would be there otherwise would allow you to see the underside of the sink. A rather radical option is to remove either the furnace, (not recommended) or the fridge, (not easy, but less hazardous). Or, like Jeremy said, pull the screws out and pull up.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:39 PM   #4

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKDee View Post

- Is there access to the faucet workings other than removing the screws and pulling it out of the counter?

Greg - Ottawa
That's all you need to do, as I recall. It's been some time since I replaced mine, but as I remember it the faucet is just attached to the water tubing- easily removable once it's been pulled free of the counter. There's a sort of "bladder" inside those little faucets that sometimes gets a rip in it just because rubber ages. Some others have bearings that rust/corrode. Could be your problem- dunno if those are replaceable or not. But replacement units are cheap.

Another possibility is that you're just encountering the famous "no prime" feature of these older pumps. All kinds of tricks to overcomne that problem. You might try holding your thumb over the water spout on the upstroke (or is it the downstroke?) Some folks have installed check valves a bit downstream to hold the prime once achieved.

Newer such pumps are self-priming, BTW.
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium