Trillium website - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2014, 08:09 PM   #1

Name: Marc
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Registry
Trillium website

Well tried emailing countless times the parts department....they don't write back.... Anyone else get this problem?

Sent from my HTC One using Fiberglass RV mobile app
ironfist104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:25 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Which trillium website are you trying to contact the US or Canadian?

If you are after the Canadian one the website is Compact lightweight fiberglass Outback travel trailers Calgary | Trillium Trailers

If you are after a US built one they were sold last year and changed their name to Sidekick and are built by Great West Vans website is: 2014 SideKick Trillium | Great West Vans Conversions Inc.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:24 AM   #3

Ontario
Registry
These are not the site I was on..... The new site Calgary one I need a certain plugin to view the parts page would anyone know what it is I'm on an Android phone....

Old 05-07-2014, 02:07 PM   #4

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfist104 View Post
These are not the site I was on..... The new site Calgary one I need a certain plugin to view the parts page would anyone know what it is I'm on an Android phone....

so do you have the address of the site you are trying to contact??

BTW the Calgary one isn't new its actually the oldest of them all.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #5

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Well the Calgary one has moved fairly recently. Try calling, I get someone about half the times I call. (403) two seven two-3929.

But Joe is no webmaster.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #6

Registry
Yup also a hands on kind of guy ..... in the peak build season don't suspect he's hanging around the phone much. ;-)
Old 05-07-2014, 05:26 PM   #7

Ontario
Registry
this was the site I was on sent a few emails to this one... Trillium RV | Vintage Style / Legendary Quality / Activity-Driven Design

sent an email to the Calgary site you posted....still waiting for a reply.....
Old 05-07-2014, 09:05 PM   #8

Name: Mike and Linda
Trailer: 1980 BIGFOOT 17'
Ontario
Registry
Believe me, Joe is a busy guy and responding to e-mails is not near the top of his priority list. He runs a busy operation and is very much a hands-on type.

During a trip to western Canada last August I was in dire need of his assistance and also had difficulty making contact, but once I was able to reach him (by phone) he was most helpful and responded immediately to my crisis situation (broken frame rails on our 1300). Keep trying and be patient, it will be well worth the effort.
woodm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:13 PM   #9

Registry
Quote:
this was the site I was on sent a few emails to this one... Trillium RV | Vintage Style / Legendary Quality / Activity-Driven Design

sent an email to the Calgary site you posted....still waiting for a reply.....
Well that explains the lack of response. The web site you have linked to is the company that seems to have sold out to Great West Vans and who now build the trailers with the name Sidekick. They a few years back split off from the company in Calgary (now using the name Outback due to some legal issues due to the split up) but never actually built their own factory.... after a lot of attempts to build Trilliums using a number of different contracted companies they seem to have sold out to Great West Vans - note you don't see the name Trillium on any of the trailers built by Great West (suspect this may be due to an on going legal hassle over the original split from the original Canadian company & the fact Great West is building the trailers in Canada) but they do still have the original Trillium logo on the door.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:31 AM   #10

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
OK ironfist104 that is Tom Young from www.trilliumrv.com He is one man that wears many hats. He is not known for quick responses to emails. He will get to you eventually. If you scroll part way down the home page, you will find an alternate email and phone # that might get you a quicker response.

Carol,
There is a connection between TrilliumRV and Great West Vans.
www.trilliumrv.com says: Tom has joined GWV as sales manger for both coaches & trailers.
I'm not sure anything has been sold. This page: 2014 SideKick Trillium | Great West Vans Conversions Inc. says
Great West Vans has teamed up with Trillium RV to produce the SideKick Trillium. We have combined the classic look of the Trillium trailer and put our signature GWV styling and craftsmanship into it to produce a slightly more modern version of the travel trailer that so many have adored over the years.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:34 AM   #11

Ontario
Registry
Well this is what I'm working on....had roof damage the previous owner removed the closet so the roof caved in a bit cracking the corners..... He had also installed a roof rack that I removed.... It also had severe gellcoat crazing hense the vette mud all over.... Still working at it...

Attached Thumbnails
1399548301237.jpg   1399548322147.jpg  

1399548346451.jpg   1399548390756.jpg  

1399548411334.jpg   1399548430758.jpg  

Old 05-08-2014, 10:11 AM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post

Carol,
There is a connection between TrilliumRV and Great West Vans.
www.trilliumrv.com says: Tom has joined GWV as sales manger for both coaches & trailers.
I'm not sure anything has been sold. This page: 2014 SideKick Trillium | Great West Vans Conversions Inc. says
Great West Vans has teamed up with Trillium RV to produce the SideKick Trillium. We have combined the classic look of the Trillium trailer and put our signature GWV styling and craftsmanship into it to produce a slightly more modern version of the travel trailer that so many have adored over the years.

Roy totally agree there is a connection but what the actual connection remains a bit of a mystery. Is it a true joint venture or where the rights to the molds sold to Great West Vans? The fact Great West dropped the name Trillium off the trailers is an interesting twist to it all. Reading posts since this change took place from those who talked to Tom & in talking to sales people at Great West Vans the story is a little different with each. Hard to say what the actual agreement is/was... not surprising as the manufacturing of the US based company has more often than not been a little bit of a mystery as to where & who pretty well since they split off from Trillium in Calgary. Seemed to go through a lot of different joint ventures over a period of just a few years.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #13

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Well this is what I'm working on....had roof damage the previous owner removed the closet so the roof caved in a bit cracking the corners..... He had also installed a roof rack that I removed.... It also had severe gellcoat crazing hense the vette mud all over.... Still working at it...

Looks like a lite version of what I am up against with Humpty Dumpty:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...now-61473.html

Are you planning to put something back where the closet was?
Old 05-08-2014, 10:44 AM   #14

Ontario
Registry
Ya I already made a template....making it out two sided finished plywood same with the kitchentte....

Old 05-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #15

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Great West is building the trailers in Canada
Not for long...

Here quoting from this Winnipeg newsstory:

Quote:
Frozen Pipes Send Company South of the Border

Winnipeg, MB, Canada / 680 CJOB - Winnipeg's News & Information Leader
Ryan Kessler
May 08, 2014 02:44 pm

Frozen pipes have forced a Winnipeg company to head south of the border. Great West Vans is one of nearly 900 Winnipeg properties with frozen pipes.

Now owner Dave DeBraga tells 680 CJOB he’s moving the industrial painting and trailer manufacturing company to Winfield, Alabama.

“The main water line. . . that feeds our sprinkler system – once that pipe was frozen, we were unable to operate,” DeBraga says. Great West Vans has been without water since March 31st. Debraga says he’s missed out on $800,000 in business and has had to lay off 25 employees.
And according to the Hamilton, Alabama jobs center Facebook page, Great West is looking for employees down there already.

Quote:
Hamilton Career Center
May 5
PLEASE SHARE: Great West Vans will be relocating to Winfield, Alabama which will mean approximately 40 new jobs for people in this area. Please submit your resume to the Hamilton Career Center if you are interested in employment with this company. Further information to come about the type jobs available. Contact the Hamilton Career Center at 205-921-5672 for more information.
Wonder if Randy Bishop has heard the news...isn't he an Alabaman? ("Alabamananian"? "Alabamanite"? )
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:18 PM   #16

Alberta
Registry
I think Randy would be reluctant to pay the cost of a brand new trailer. Especially since he turns old, inexpensive trailers into nearly brand new condition, for a lot less money.
Now he has a new project:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ama-63741.html
Old 05-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #17

Registry
Didn't mean to suggest that Randy would want-or need- to buy a new trailer...just that he might be interested in seeing how the new ones are built and maybe jawboning with the folks at the plant.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me there's a Canadian Member of the "We Collect Trilliums Club" that got a look at the Outback factory up there without wanting to actually buy one...
Old 05-14-2014, 04:52 PM   #18

Alberta
Registry
I guess having a Trillium factory in our back yard is just something else that Randy and I have in common.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:58 PM   #19

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
I guess having a Trillium factory in our back yard is just something else that Randy and I have in common.
Yeah- and now you'll each have one practically right next door, too! ...

My "Trilliums of The World" flowmap (see below) is w-a-a-a-y behind; last location entered was California, and that's two moves ago! I'm planning an update, to be undertaken as soon as I figure out where my Grandkids hid the crayons.
And ya know what?
I'm thinkin' maybe you and Randy deserve a place on the map as "First-Gen Preservationists" or something.

Think you can handle the Glory?
Attached Thumbnails
Trilliums of The World.jpg  
Old 05-14-2014, 07:45 PM   #20

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Hard to judge by the map scaling, but that "Leak Hole" looks to be about where Niagara Falls is. That's a big hole to plug, and if you did, many of our plugs wouldn't work.
If things do move down to AL and Randy wanted a job with them (say as a quality or build controller) we could all be used as references.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium