Trying to Figure Out What We've Got.... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #21

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
I have rounded windows and rear and side slider windows with rat fur interior in my 1986 13 foot Scamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I thought Rat Fur happened mid-1988. What do I know? I have a 1988 with both radius windows and rat fur.

But for giggles and grins, check out this thread from 04-02-2010, ESPECIALLY peterH's threads... great math!
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...vin-41649.html
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:10 PM   #22

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp - "The Haunted Mansion" (13') and TBD (16')
Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Last month on the thread Older 13' Scamp Fur? - we had a couple of folks indicate they had rat fur in their 1986 and 87 Scamps.

Scamp BTW wasn't known for changing the material they used for cushions all that often, Its only been fairly recently they have actually started to offer a choose of colours. Hard to pin point a year based on the material on the cushions. In the mid 70's they used a heavy weave with an Orange plaid. The OP's photo with the brown plaid was used from in 81 to 86 may have started to use earlier as well as later years - those are just the years I am aware of it being in use. In the early 90's they did not use a plaid but a more solid brown/beige material.
Thanks, Carol. I think we've narrowed it down to an '80s model....and that's good enough. Like I said, it'll all pretty much be a 2014/15 when we're done!
Sohkraites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #23

Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaz View Post
I have rounded windows and rear and side slider windows with rat fur interior in my 1986 13 foot Scamp.
You've got a rear slider window? Was that standard? Or is it something we can buy and upgrade to?
Old 09-18-2014, 06:49 PM   #24

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
In order for a rear slider to work, you have to have a "flat back" Scamp. You can tell just by looking. The entire area for the window is FLAT. A bubble back has a compound one piece plexi window, like the front.

Remember, glass doesn't bend!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:11 PM   #25

Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
In order for a rear slider to work, you have to have a "flat back" Scamp. You can tell just by looking. The entire area for the window is FLAT. A bubble back has a compound one piece plexi window, like the front.

Remember, glass doesn't bend!
I was gonna say..."how'd they pull that off?" but now I know there's a flat back model, too!

Thanks for the education all!
Old 09-20-2014, 11:35 PM   #26

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Your rear window looks flat like mine. Check with Scamp for a slider to fit.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:49 PM   #27

Name: Sarah
Trailer: 1984 13' Scamp named "Ramblin Rose"
Texas
Registry
My '84 originally had the same material for the cushion covers. I have rounded windows on mineand I had original round taillights (I have replaced mine with round LEDs in the same size) but I do not have the "flat" rear window - I wish I did, as I would LOVE another sliding window there. You can replace the roof vent if you aren't afraid to cut a hole, Scamp sells replacements.

My door is lined with plain tan/off-white vinyl, with the "elephant hide" ensolite throughout the rest.

I think based on everything you can narrow down age to '84-85 as suggested, beyond that it's not terribly critical - it's still a 30 year old trailer no matter it's exact birthday
sarahspins is offline   Reply With Quote