Two quick questions from a new U-Haul owner - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-12-2013, 03:20 AM   #15

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
If you want an AC unit, its not recommended to install on the roof without the proper reinforcement.
Oh, I have no intention of installing an AC unit. Too much power. The swamp cooler is very interesting though. Since I live in what passes for arid land in Canada, they, or some invented version of, might work for me. I'm thinking something that I could add to a powered vent fan. Does anyone have pictures of, or would be willing to describe how they operate? Do they fit into the hole for a 14" vent? How well do they work, under the correct conditions?

Old 01-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #16

Name: Steve
Trailer: Bigfoot, Trillium, Scamp 5th Wheel
Spokane Wa. and Las Vegas, Nv.
Registry
I had one and they will lower the temp a bit but raise the humidity. The nice thing is they are 12v.

Stay Cool with TurboKOOL - Advanced RV Evaporative Air (Swamp) Coolers

Old 01-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #17

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Oh, I have no intention of installing an AC unit. Too much power. The swamp cooler is very interesting though. Since I live in what passes for arid land in Canada, they, or some invented version of, might work for me. I'm thinking something that I could add to a powered vent fan. Does anyone have pictures of, or would be willing to describe how they operate? Do they fit into the hole for a 14" vent? How well do they work, under the correct conditions?
Here is a diagram showing how they work.portable evaporative room air cooler - Guangzhou Xingke Mechanical Equipment Co.,ltd

I had some photos from my old UHaul unit, but I can't seem to find them. It fit in a standard 14" hole and had a 5 gallon tank under a front bench. A tiny pump in the unit sprayed water on a spinning disc which turned to mist and was blown into the trailer. A separate water pump near the tank refilled a sump in the unit with the tiny pump, so there were 3 motors in all -a fan, a tiny misting pump and a large tank pump.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #18

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
You may find that you get all the cooling you need with a roof vent. You can put in a basic crank up one for under $40, or go for completely automatic one Automatic Deluxe Fan-Tastic Ceiling Fan Vent - Fan-tastic Vent Corp CW6000RBTA - Fans - Camping World And there are also less expensive powered units you can get, it all depends on the features.

Tags
u-haul