U-Haul CT13, need parts and help - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-16-2016, 06:50 AM   #1
Name: Denis
Trailer: U-Haul
New Hampshire
U-Haul CT13, need parts and help

Hello all!
I am new to this site but have been reading posts for a while now. I just purchased a 1984 U-Haul 13. It is in need of work but is in good condition. I would like to bring this unit back to original. Currently, the bunk bed wood board and support posts are missing. I do have the main hinge and cushion. I am also missing one of the small corner cushions that is placed on the lower bunk. If anyone out there has these items, please let me know!

Additionally, there are endless posts regarding window parts, whether it be gaskets, seals, channel felt, etc. I'd like to restore my windows. Does anyone have a list of all part numbers of items required and where to purchase? I really need the window channel felt and the rubber seal that fits in the outer track that prevents dirt from entering the outer channel.

Lastly, my furnace is inoperative. I thought it was the thermostat. It was the original "Duo-Therm". I removed it and it was brittle from age so I am replacing it. There was no power to the thermostat so I ruled that out. I contacted the two wires together and nothing came to life. There is power to the furnace but that's as far as I can chase it while still tucked in to that tight area. Does anyone have a clue where to go from here? Is there a place that refurbishes furnaces that mine can be sent to?

That's all for now. Ant assistance would be appreciated

DenisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 07:07 AM   #2
Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Hi, Denis, welcome to fgrv! You will find a huge base of knowledge here as well as many friendly fg egg owners. There are rallies galore to attend, too!
Many UH owers have 'dual citizenship' here on this site as well as the UHaul specific facebook site which has lists and parts specs and all sorts of other coolio things in one place. Check it out. https://www.facebook.com/groups/UHaulCamper/

Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 07:50 AM   #3
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We will be at Sebago Lake Maine with our Uhaul tomorrow and Monday. You anywhere near there Denis
mary and bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 02:13 PM   #4
Name: Denis
Trailer: U-Haul
New Hampshire
I will not be in that area. That is a hike from me!
DenisB is offline   Reply With Quote