U-Haul Tail Light Adaptor - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #15

Name: Randy
Trailer: (4) Trillium 4500, (4) Trillium 1300, (1) Scamp,(1) Burro 16'
Ardmore, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perk View Post
Randy, Have you decided what you are going to do with the U-Haul Tail Light lens yet. I would be interested if and when you do. Thanks, Perk

Haven't decided yet...I've really been busy lately my mother is having to get radation treatments right now and the father and son project has really slowed down..my son and I have tried to get back on track but either he has something come up or I do...Hopefully we can get back on track before it gets to hot...wait it's already too hot

Old 06-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #16

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
Haven't decided yet...I've really been busy lately my mother is having to get radation treatments right now and the father and son project has really slowed down..my son and I have tried to get back on track but either he has something come up or I do...Hopefully we can get back on track before it gets to hot...wait it's already too hot
Best wishes to your Mother, Randy.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #17

Name: Randy
Trailer: (4) Trillium 4500, (4) Trillium 1300, (1) Scamp,(1) Burro 16'
Ardmore, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Best wishes to your Mother, Randy.

Thanks soo much..
My mom and my wifes mom were both diagnosed with cancer a month apart 3 years ago...My mother-in-law lost her battle a little over a year ago..My mother who is around 5' tall weights 80 lbs has really fought a hard battle and still going strong..I'm 6'2" and 260 and she still scares me to death.. I still remember when I was a teenager and would get in trouble sometimes and she would say "bend down here so I can slap them jowls" and believe me you do what mama says no matter how big you are or how much it hurts.....
Old 06-18-2012, 11:42 PM   #18

Name: Perk
Trailer: U-Haul VT 16FT
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
Thanks soo much..
My mom and my wifes mom were both diagnosed with cancer a month apart 3 years ago...My mother-in-law lost her battle a little over a year ago..My mother who is around 5' tall weights 80 lbs has really fought a hard battle and still going strong..I'm 6'2" and 260 and she still scares me to death.. I still remember when I was a teenager and would get in trouble sometimes and she would say "bend down here so I can slap them jowls" and believe me you do what mama says no matter how big you are or how much it hurts.....
Randy, I fully understand. My wife has some serious health conditions and we are going to use the camper to get away. She is very much loved and cared for but at time the caring calls and visits just overwhelms her. This way we can go somewhere alone to escape and think, relax and look at the stars at night. It marvels me how far we have come with our health care and then some issues come up and there may not be an "easy" fix as we usually come to expect. I wish you the best for being a care giver and I wish the best for your mom.
Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #19

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Randy,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Life always seems to throw us curveballs...

When you do get around to working on your trailers again, we wouldn't mind having a chance to get a set of tail light lenses, too.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:47 AM   #20

Arizona
Registry
UHaul Taillight housing and Lens Assembly

OK I found the hyperlink provided to U-Haul and figured out how it works and found the Taillight Housing at $11.74 each under part # 37715001. Now for the big question I see there are four Lens Assemblies offered, 2 are Red and 2 are Amber, one set is $.75 for each lens and the other $2.15 for each lens. Does anyone have insight as to why the price difference for the same part description? I may go this route as an option. But want to be sure if I do I order the correct items. Thank you in advance.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:50 AM   #21

Arizona
Registry
Thomas, do the screw holes on the aluminum tail light adapters line up to the existing holes for the "glass" lens? Thanks
Old 06-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #22

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
......... Now for the big question I see there are four Lens Assemblies offered, 2 are Red and 2 are Amber, one set is $.75 for each lens and the other $2.15 for each lens. Does anyone have insight as to why the price difference for the same part description? ........
For 75 cents you get the marker light lenses only, for $2.15 you get the whole assembly. I'd go for the whole assembly. I found mine had cracked where the pop rivet was attaching them to the body. You can reuse the old UHaul marked lens with the new light fixture.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #23

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Thomas, do the screw holes on the aluminum tail light adapters line up to the existing holes for the "glass" lens? Thanks
No, I think you'd have to drill a bunch of new holes in the fiberglass body to install these. I notice they also sell the 4" light to fit inside, though I didn't buy them.

This is not an elegant solution - I suspect that UHaul ended up with a failed supplier and realized that their whole fleet was at risk so they had this adapter rushed into production. One option might be to use this adapter as a mold and make some nicer ones from fiberglass. You could then incorporate a different production lens into the housing.

Tags
light, u-haul