Uhaul CT13 1985 doorseal and roof vent. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2010, 06:07 PM   #1

Trailer: (fiberglass)
Uhaul CT13 1985 doorseal and roof vent.

hello does anyone here know where i can get the rubber doorseal for a u-haul. The one i have is rotten and water comes in the bottom of the door. and is the roof vent a standard size it leaks and i want to replace both and i hope after that I will stay dry. thanks for any help you can give.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:48 PM   #2

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Hi Scott,

I think that this trim seal with lip (part # AS 75000350) would work on your U-Haul's door, but be sure to check the measurements before ordering! Austin Hardware & Supply, INC

The roof vent is a standard size. We replaced our vent with a fantastic fan, and really love it.

best wishes,
Jeanne
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:00 AM   #3

Thanks for your help. uhaul CT13

Thank you so much for the info. I tried to look online for the seal today but the site is down for online ordering. I emailed them and am waiting for the reply. I just got this Uhaul over the weekend and it is in very good shape. i was washing it and saw just a small amount of water coming in from around the door. The old seal has turned hard in alot of places and I dont want to replace the carpet until i fix this. thanks for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne and Steve View Post
Hi Scott,

I think that this trim seal with lip (part # AS 75000350) would work on your U-Haul's door, but be sure to check the measurements before ordering! Austin Hardware & Supply, INC

The roof vent is a standard size. We replaced our vent with a fantastic fan, and really love it.

best wishes,
Jeanne
Old 08-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Check uhaulcamper.com. Someone might have posted additonal useful information for you as you get this CT ready to camp. You will need to pay a small fee to join.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #5

Thanks again for all the help.

Well, i got the roof vent in (no leaks) I did get the door seal ordered and i did get a new lock because i lost the key. thanks to everyone here for the help you gave me in letting me know where to get the items i needed to fix my CT13 uhaul. I will be going on my frist campout this labor day weekend and will post the pics. thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
Thank you so much for the info. I tried to look online for the seal today but the site is down for online ordering. I emailed them and am waiting for the reply. I just got this Uhaul over the weekend and it is in very good shape. i was washing it and saw just a small amount of water coming in from around the door. The old seal has turned hard in alot of places and I dont want to replace the carpet until i fix this. thanks for your help
Old 08-31-2010, 05:40 PM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
yes......post some pics! I never see anyone using their uhauls on the forum ....well..posting that they have.
there is alot of info there though if take your time and do some searches there....Bruce
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #7

Here are some pics

Here are some pics i still have a few things to do but not much. I guess the bigggest thing is getting the tail lights to work. right now i have the magnetic ones stuck on the bumper. thank to everyone here for the elp that you have given all my questions were answered. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Thomas View Post
yes......post some pics! I never see anyone using their uhauls on the forum ....well..posting that they have.
there is alot of info there though if take your time and do some searches there....Bruce
Attached Thumbnails
uhaul 4.jpg   uhaul 2.jpg  

u-haul1.jpg   uhaul 5.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 09-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #8

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Interesting color on the fridge and cabinet doors. I've never seen blue - did it come that way or did you paint them?
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:14 AM   #9

Blue doors they grow on you.!!

The former owner spray painted the cabinet doors blue to match the coushions. I do have some oak that i will be making new doors for the cabinets and an overlay for the icebox.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Interesting color on the fridge and cabinet doors. I've never seen blue - did it come that way or did you paint them?

Tags
u-haul, uhaul