UHaul parts - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2010, 09:41 AM   #1

Trailer: 84 U-Haul CT
UHaul parts

Hi folks. A friend passed along a site from UHaul International that had some camper parts on it that were being sold off. Some wheels, hubs, an axle, lens, etc. There wasn't a whole lot listed, but there maybe something left that someone could use. When the site comes up, go to the bottom of the page under "campers".

http://epc.uhaul.com/EPC/book.aspx?book...s/misc_par

There was a contact listed:

Bruce Lear
Purchasing Department
(480) 893-1736
bruce_lear@uhaul.com

I don't know if the contact number is working, but I did try the site which came up, and saw what they were selling.

Marty D.
Marty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #2

Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT13 ft ('The Mothball')
Thanks for posting Marty,
I ordered some of the marker lights a while back - the ones you see at the top of the camper in this photo, plus there are two more on the front (not to be confused with the taillights- they don't have those). While I haven't installed them they look like good replacements for the ones I have that are cracked and possibly contributing to my leaking problem.
Oh btw the U haul site does not work on a Mac, you need to use a PC to see the list of items properly.

Bridget
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0289.jpg  
Bridget T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:55 AM   #3

Trailer: 84 U-Haul CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget T View Post
I ordered some of the marker lights a while back - the ones you see at the top of the camper in this photo, plus there are two more on the front (not to be confused with the taillights- they don't have those). While I haven't installed them they look like good replacements for the ones I have that are cracked and possibly contributing to my leaking problem.
Oh btw the U haul site does not work on a Mac, you need to use a PC to see the list of items properly.

Bridget
Hi Bridget,

I'm going to call them today and see if they have anything left that I might be able to use. I bought new marker lenses from a local trailer repair shop last week. It makes me wonder if the markers had been replace before by a PO.

In your thread about window replacement. Did you by chance take measurements for the hole cut out? Short of taking the windows out now, I'm basically guessing as to what size I need if I decide to buy replacement windows.

Marty D.
Marty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:51 AM   #4

Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT13 ft ('The Mothball')
Hey Marty,
The covers on the marker lights are exactly the same shape as my original ones, but the new ones do not say 'Uhaul' on them (it's formed into the plastic of the light covers). Each of my original ones does.

Btw, I would be very interested if anyone has a close up shot of their marker lights as the PO did some odd things in this area with caulking etc. I would like to see how it looks on another Uhaul.

No I did not measure the hole in the fiberglass for the window and we finally got them in last night. I could measure and give you a rough I idea since I pretty much know where the cutout is below the gasket.
Bridget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty D View Post
Hi Bridget,

I'm going to call them today and see if they have anything left that I might be able to use. I bought new marker lenses from a local trailer repair shop last week. It makes me wonder if the markers had been replace before by a PO.

In your thread about window replacement. Did you by chance take measurements for the hole cut out? Short of taking the windows out now, I'm basically guessing as to what size I need if I decide to buy replacement windows.

Marty D.
Bridget T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:10 PM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget T View Post

Bridget
What type of wheels are you using?
GRMeyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #6

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
A couple of notes:

1) The site worked fine on my Mac (running 10.5.7).

2) If the marker lights don't say U-haul on them, then there may be no special reason to buy them over the generic Arrow Safety ones (which, as I understand it, is where U-haul bought theirs, but of course had the U-haul logo molded into them). I have not checked to see if this site's lights are cheaper than the normal ones.

From a U-haul afficianado's web site:

Single Marker and Three Marker Tri Bar - still available from the original manufacturer that supplys U-Haul. Arrow Safety Devices Single Marker Clearance Light - 071 Series Three Marker Clearance Light Tri Bar - 073-00

Link to Arrow Safety's home page:
Home Page

Link to aforementioned U-haul afficianado's page:
1984 - 1986 U-Haul Camper Home Page

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #7

Trailer: (fiberglass)
camper parts

I saw this site listed on the Uhaul camper site last week and i also needed some amber lenses so I ordered them and I also ordered the tail light adapters to install the 4" round lights. The original ones are so foggy you just can't see them that well. I was told to get some polishing compound and try and rubout the lens first I may try that but if not I will run the round ones. I need a cooktop and a hood vent if anyone knows where to get that,that would be great. thanks eveybody.

I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty D View Post
Hi folks. A friend passed along a site from UHaul International that had some camper parts on it that were being sold off. Some wheels, hubs, an axle, lens, etc. There wasn't a whole lot listed, but there maybe something left that someone could use. When the site comes up, go to the bottom of the page under "campers".

http://epc.uhaul.com/EPC/book.aspx?book...s/misc_par

There was a contact listed:

Bruce Lear
Purchasing Department
(480) 893-1736
bruce_lear@uhaul.com

I don't know if the contact number is working, but I did try the site which came up, and saw what they were selling.

Marty D.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
u-haul, uhaul