Uhaul window - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2010, 02:53 PM   #1

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul / 02 Mazda pick up
I have managed to break one of the side sliding panes in my CT. (klutz)

Has anyone replaced their window units and still possibly have one of these panes on hand?
Bud Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:25 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Quote:
I have managed to break one of the side sliding panes in my CT. (klutz)

Has anyone replaced their window units and still possibly have one of these panes on hand?

HI Bud,
I have an '85 CT-13 and my new windows just arrived this afternoon. I have all three rear windows out. The passenger /curbside / righthand window already had a plexi replacement for the slider but the stationary pane is still good. The Driver side has both panes intact... The rear window has both panes OK, but I could never get any of them sealed properly... I even replaced the rubber/felt track insert.
The only problem now would be how to get it to you... I am presently overwhelmed with work projects for the next six weeks... (I'm completing a museum film and installation, a film and brochure for a school, a corporate meeting video, and we just booked three TV commercial 30 sec spots. Not to mention that I would LOVE to get going on some of my preferred projects on the CT. I'm in the New Orleans area... do you have any contacts nearby? I'd be happy to turn it over to anyone who wants to come get them. The panes are probably reversible, so one side may work on the other. Let me know.
I'm not complaining, in fact I'm glad to have some work... it just seemed to hit all at once this time... We're planning on taking our usual month off this summer with the CT.
I'm usually free in the summers here.
Best Regards
Dale
Dale A Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:16 AM   #3

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul / 02 Mazda pick up
Quote:
HI Bud,
I have an '85 CT-13 and my new windows just arrived this afternoon. I have all three rear windows out. The passenger /curbside / righthand window already had a plexi replacement for the slider but the stationary pane is still good. The Driver side has both panes intact... The rear window has both panes OK, but I could never get any of them sealed properly... I even replaced the rubber/felt track insert.
The only problem now would be how to get it to you... I am presently overwhelmed with work projects for the next six weeks... (I'm completing a museum film and installation, a film and brochure for a school, a corporate meeting video, and we just booked three TV commercial 30 sec spots. Not to mention that I would LOVE to get going on some of my preferred projects on the CT. I'm in the New Orleans area... do you have any contacts nearby? I'd be happy to turn it over to anyone who wants to come get them. The panes are probably reversible, so one side may work on the other. Let me know.
I'm not complaining, in fact I'm glad to have some work... it just seemed to hit all at once this time... We're planning on taking our usual month off this summer with the CT.
I'm usually free in the summers here.
Best Regards
Dale

Thanks for responding. Let me think how I can get a window delivered here. In the meantime, please keep them if you have the room.
My sister travels to N.O. every year. Perhaps I can get her to pick one/them up.
Bud Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:17 AM   #4

Quote:
Thanks for responding. Let me think how I can get a window delivered here. In the meantime, please keep them if you have the room.
My sister travels to N.O. every year. Perhaps I can get her to pick one/them up.

HI Bud,
I will be dropping the window(s) off today at the UPS pack store in Covington.
The number there is 985-875-0900 and the manager is standing by.
Mike Szabo called her to make arrangements for his packing and shipping and when I spoke with her this morning, she knew all about it.
Mike is getting the rear slider window and the other side window with the plexi pane.
Yours is the side with the original glass.
You can call the UPS store to make your own arrangements with them regarding shipping. No charge from me... I'm just glad to see them get some use.
Best of luck to you.
Dale Smith
Old 03-25-2010, 09:10 AM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
This is so nice when Uhaulers can help each other out. We mailed one of our rims to a CT owner in VA a couple of years ago after we got new tires and rims. If anyone guts their CT and is looking for someplace to send the table, we did not get an original table with our Uhaul.

CindyL

Old 03-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Dale, Thank you for your kindness. I have a broken back window and one side glass. I'm hoping this will get it back to original again.
Again, Thanks.
Mike
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Dale, Thank you for your kindness. I have a broken back window and one side glass. I'm hoping this will get it back to original again.
Again, Thanks.
Mike

Glad they found a home. My new windows from Sunview in B.C. have a larger diameter radius on the corners, so we made them wider to avoid a gap/void in the seam. I will now have to re-cut my window rough openings a couple of inches wider, so I will never be able to use the original windows. On the other hand, if I need a replacement part in the future, I can get one from Sunview. They were great to work with by the way.
Best Regards
Dale
Old 03-27-2010, 06:36 PM   #8

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Quote:
... My new windows from Sunview in B.C. have a larger diameter radius on the corners, so we made them wider to avoid a gap/void in the seam. I will now have to re-cut my window rough openings a couple of inches wider...
Dale,

Please let us know how your window replacement project goes, and we love photos!

best wishes,
Jeanne
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
u-haul, uhaul