UHaul windows - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
Name: Marty
Trailer: 85 U-Haul CT
UHaul windows

I just finished rebuilding my CT13 windows, but am still not happy with them. I've read that some people have replaced their old windows with Scamp crank out windows. Outside the length and height (and thickness?), what is the real difference between the two windows? Do the Scamps fit into a rubber channel like the CT, or are do they utilize the clamp down ring mount? Does anyone have a picture of an uninstalled Scamp window to look at?

Thanks to all,

Marty D

Marty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Scamp glass windows which are manufacturered by Hehr (I think) use a clamp ring. The plexiglass windows use a rubber gasket and lock strip. Don't know how many windows you plan to replace, but if you purchase from Scamp (which are among the least expensive) they'll cost more than $150 each plus S&H.

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
Hi Donna,

I only want to replace the two side windows, and I really want the jalousie type windows. I have a friend who does "fibglass" work, but I didn't know what the real difference was between the two windows. I've been to the Scamp website, but have not been able any reference to the jalousie. If anyone out there has swapped out these windows before, I would love to see a picture of the installed units.

Marty D
Old 03-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Marty: there is a post on here somewhere by someone that did install the Scamp jalousie windows in a CT Uhaul. As I recall the opening in the trailer had to be modified. Made smaller I believe. Bob
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
U-Haul front window alternative ideas
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #6
Mary, Bob and Thomas G.

Thanks for the info. I knew that I saw the thread out there, just couldn't find it. Just talked with Scamp and was quoted $152. Forgot to ask if that included shipping charges. Either way, I'm going to order a couple of them. Orsen sat all last year with no windows and the urge to get out and travel a bit has prompted me to get the project finished.

Thanks again,

Marty D

uhaul, windows