Umbrellas - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2003, 08:30 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Umbrellas

On my trip to Georgtown, Texas. I saw a Casita (Suz's) with an umbrella. I have been searching for one for my Sufside ever since. Suz's had the vent on top and scallops on the edge. I can not find one. Now Herb comes along with his site of his Boler and the last picture is with an umbrella - with tie downs. where does one get these?

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 09:32 AM   #2

I got that umbrella from my parents. They used to own a Marine Chandley on Vancouver Island and sold these umbrellas. The wording painted on the top says "Anchor Shade". It's a fairly sturdy umbrella, I must say. Comes in a 5' long plasticized vinyl bag. The pole is a two piece adjustable affair with a big rubber 'foot' on the bottom with nice cerations (sp?) so it grips picnic tables and such nicely. The tiedowns have adjustors and hooks on them. The whole thing is very well done. They're made by "Taylor Made" and seem to be about $200USD based on some preliminary googling. Check with some Marine stores in your area. Taylor Made is a well known marine brand name so any marine store should be able to at least order it in.

Here's the URL to the manufactures site: http://www.taylormadeproducts.com/html/200...talog/pg41.html

Old 06-25-2003, 07:48 AM   #3

Thanks for that link, Herb. that umbrella's a little bit pricey for me, but I liked looking. It sure does look good with your setup. I found a nice regular one at K-Mart yesterday. Now I have to decide if I want to wait for a sale or just get it. Oh the decisions!!

Old 06-25-2003, 08:04 AM   #4

Well, if you compare it to the price on Herb's, the one at K-mart's already on sale, right?

Old 06-25-2003, 08:27 AM   #5

Good point. :omy as it was only $59, But then I remember What Suz paid, :weep and her's has those scallops.

Old 06-25-2003, 08:34 AM   #6

Ooo. And you say you already checked at Sam's (I thought that's where Suz said she got hers... but maybe that was my brother, and I can't remember if his had scallops or not).

You better wait 'til Suz gets back on the board and ask her... or for that sale at K-Mart, whichever comes first. (Just my 2 cents US.)

Of course, Herb's is nice because you can tie down the corners. Some friends bought a market umbrella and put grommets in the fabric so they could tie it down. The fabric was heavy, though, not like on some... it worked really well (where they live the wind blows almost all the time).

Probably wouldn't want to do that with scallops. :shg

Old 06-25-2003, 08:40 AM   #7

Sam's ?? that's where she said? Gee no, I haven't tried there
It's only :conf Oh? about 60 miles away.

Old 06-29-2003, 07:10 AM   #8

More on this in a topic called Umbrellas in the Modifications, Alterations, and Neat Updates forum.

:cblob