Unexpected Bad News On Thanksgiving Day... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #15
Name: Scott
Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
yup, I'm with James. a free tuneup just before spring is bonus. you could also talk to the bodyshop about a full re-paint while much of the cost is covered?

Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #16
Trailer: 1970 Campster
Aww Joe! So sorry to hear about your Campster! Check out Callen Campers in San Diego. They sell lots of RV windows on Ebay and are quite reasonable. Frederick lives down the street from them and has also had positive things to say about them. I've personally purchased three windows from Callen Campers. Good luck!

Lisa H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:00 AM   #17
Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr
Hi Joe, do you have an estimate for the repair yet?

I see you're interested in adding a spare tire mount on the tongue (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...st&p=343162)

Have you looked at the spare tire mount on Hilliary's & Micheal's trailer? Here are links to pictures that Cliff took at the Lake Casitas Rally this year: (click on the picture to see a more detailed version)
Dana T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #18
Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Hi Joe,
Just saw this thread, though you told me about this mishap beforehand. Good that the lady was honest and that insurance will pay the damages. Looking on the bright side, you'll get a new hitch which will be better than what you had, and they'll check out all the systems so you'll have peace of mind.

Good luck!

francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:03 AM   #19
Trailer: none at this time
So the afternoon of Thanksgiving Day (I was asleep, had to work Thanksgiving Eve, and Thanksgiving Night) I get a voicemail from the manager of the place that I store my trailer in/at, telling me to give her a call on her cellphone. Seemed a little odd to not leave me the office number for the place, but didn't think much of it at the time.
So I call her back the next day, and after playing some phone tag we finally connect, and she proceeds to tell me, in a very sorrowful voice, that she she was driving her husband's truck (stick-shift and she's not very good with it) her foot slipped off the clutch/she hit the gas instead of the brake/something like that, and she crashed into my trailer!!!!!!! It just so happens that my parking spot is right by their apartment on the property. When I started renting there, I thought this was a great spot, more watched so maybe even more secure/safe, now, I'm not so sure...lol
Anyway, so I drive by Sat for a quick look to survey the damage. The ball coupler part of the hitch is bent down at a 90 degree angle to what it should be, but the rest of the tongue looks okay/intact. Apparently her running into the trailer shoved it into the utility trailer that parks behind me, so my back bumper is bent, the bottom glass panel in the door is smashed, and the drivers side corner of the belly band has some cracking. Otherwise, the trailer looks fairly intact on the outside.
Of course anything that wasn't tied down inside was on the floor, but overall it didn't look like a whole lot of true damage.
So Stacey (The Trailer Smasher!hehe) tells me she'll turn it into her insurance company, which I'm fine with. After consulting with my Pop, I visited the local trailer service place, talked it over with the folks there, and decided that they're going to be the ones to at least give me an estimate.
So last night they came with their flatbed trailer (Can't tow it with the coupler wiped out like that!) loaded it up, and away it went... I'm expecting to hear from them sometime Monday.
My big concerns are that it get repaired correctly, and that everything gets checked out (Water system, propane system, etc.) to make sure nothing's leaking/broken that isn't readily apparent/viewable until later on, after things are supposedly 'settled'...
Anyway, I'll keep you all posted. Pics will follow...
WOW.. she must have hit it right on seeing the way it is bent....Looks like it can be fixed. I had my castia taken form a storage lot last summer . I always thought it was strange the camera there just happened no to work that day. take care.

s.green is offline   Reply With Quote