Upholstery - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2003, 02:59 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Upholstery

:wave
Hi,
I've just registered as a member of Fiberglass RV and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about replacing cloth fabric on the walls of an insulated L'il Bigfoot ? The material in my trailer is discolored and has become unglued in places. Thanks for any information that may help me with this problem.
John "Johnny" Rokas.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 06:31 PM   #2

John,

I moved this thread over here, “Owners Helping Owners”, in hopes that you will get someone to help you.

Old 01-28-2003, 06:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Orginally posted by John Rokas

:wave
Hi,
I've just registered as a member of Fiberglass RV and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about replacing cloth fabric on the walls of an insulated L'il Bigfoot ? The material in my trailer is discolored and has become unglued in places. Thanks for any information that may help me with this problem.
John "Johnny" Rokas.
Hi John
Welcome to this Forum. I have a Boler. My inside insolation was also loose in areas and was discolored. I used liquied nails which I got a Home Hardware to glue material back up. To fix discolor I painted with Melimaine Paint. It worked really good in Boler. I don't know about Big foots Interior but maybe this will put you a direction which may help you.:)

Old 01-28-2003, 07:21 PM   #4

John

Bonjour' and welcome to the board. My Bigfoot has a marine grade cloth interior.

I suggest you go to a marine upholstery shop and/or boat dealer for advice.

P.S. Part of your welcome here is to post some pics of your 13' Lil Bigfoot and tell us about it! :)

Old 01-29-2003, 09:47 PM   #5

Bigfoot upholstery

Hi Ches & Marie and Rick,
Thanks a load for the suggestions! My L'il Bigfoot is a 1988 model and is in quite good condition. I bought it from the original owner last summer and have only used it once. We spent a week at Rollins Pond which is not far from Lake Placid in the Adirondacks (beautiful place!). The other night i fired up the propane furnace ( it was -17 Celsius!) and spent an enjoyable hour or two with the 49's and Giants on the radio, the Montreal Gazette and a couple of cold Canadian beers and the cozy atmosphere of a 13 foot travel trailer. Fiberglass RV heaven!
I may be a little wierd but I like to 'hang-out' in the travel trailer at least an hour or two a week. Let's face it, one week of camping a year just doesn't cut it.
I don't have a scanner yet, Rick, but as soon as I get one I'll post a picture or three on the site.
A la prochaine,
John Rokas

Old 01-29-2003, 09:58 PM   #6

Hi John
I go out to my Boler every day for a check.(Thats just an excuse).I enjoy my 10 min each day , day dreaming.;)

Old 01-29-2003, 09:58 PM   #7

Salut!

Hi John et bienvenue! :wave

Knowing NOTHING about cloth walls on Bigfoot trailers, I was wondering if it's anything like applying cloth to walls. One method for that is like wallpapering.... gluing the cloth to the wall. Just a though.

~ Melanie

Old 01-31-2003, 08:46 PM   #8

About Greg and Melanie's Boler

Hi Greg and Mel,
I just read your story about finding your 74 Boler and Greg's escapades in the Rockies. It brought back fond memories. In 1972 I hitchiked with a friend from Montreal to Vancouver. I was 19 at the time and planned on spending the summer 'out west'. I ended up staying for four years! Anyway, I appreciated your story and also your suggestion for my L'il Bigfoot. Looking forward to the next installment.
Yours Truly,
John Rokas