Upper kitchenette cabinet supports - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2014, 11:32 AM   #1

Name: Morgyn
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Upper kitchenette cabinet supports

Where do I put the supports I bought for the upper cabinet in the kitchenette?

I've seen pictures with two on the left side, one on the left side, one on the left side and one in the middle back, one in the middle back. I bought two wooden rail spindles ($2 at our local ReStore!) to use but have no idea if I need both.

Morgyn
1981 13' Boler
Nova Scotia
morgynm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:43 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Upper kitchenette cabinet supports

One metal support in the center back was the original Boler set-up, I believe. That said, seems like any of the other arrangements would work, too. Two on the left would likely give the best support (closest to center of trailer). Two side-by-side could also become an attachment point for bins, paper towel holder, etc...

If the support has been AWOL for a while, the roof may already have some sag. If that's the case you could post a question asking other Boler owners to measure the distance from the front left corner of the upper cabinet straight down to the counter. I have read where others used a jack to apply pressure to the ceiling (gently!) to restore the original height when reinstalling the supports.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:07 PM   #3

Name: Morgyn
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Thanks for the info! I never noticed that the left hand end of the kitchenette was in the middle! I measured the space between the upper and lower last night but forgot to write it down. I do remember (because it surprised me) that it was exactly on the inch though. It might have been 24" or maybe 27".

Morgyn
1981 13' Boler
Nova Scotia
morgynm is offline   Reply With Quote