Used 1997 13' Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2017, 08:07 PM   #1

Name: Sheila
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Arizona
Thumbs up Used 1997 13' Scamp

Hello there,
Just purchased my first Scamp, brought it home and saw a few thing off the bat I needed to get but found out they are very hard to find. I need a new o ring for the hand water pump and can't find the proper one anywhere I believe it needs to be a 2 1/4 flat o ring but can't it, second the vent cover seems to be a 17x24 but cant find that either. I would like to trick it out with some awnings over the windows and am pretty handy but would like to know how I would do this and go down the road with them? As you can tell pretty excited to get this show ready and on the road for some adventure....also Its pretty basic, refrigerator, 2 burner stove, I would like to install a vent as it has none? Any clue why there isn't a vent over the stove? Storage ideas as I will need storage traveling with 5 animals ( I know I can't help it we love animals and too expentive to leave at sitters) any information would be helpful to trick out our little scamp would be helpful anyone ever get anything welded on the outside to store a ice chest etc..
sheilae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:17 AM   #2

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Welcome Sheila.

I don't have much in the way of suggestions for you, other than that I had to have my hand pump replaced because of it leaking. I didn't really try to find the replacement washers. A local RV shop replaced it while doing some other electrical work and checking out the propane system for me on my '99 13 footer. It appeared easy and wasn't expensive. It did leave one old screw hole in the counter top from the old pump visible, but they filled it with a small bolt - hardly noticeable.

Regarding the vent, they are optional, mine doesn't have one either. I do have the small window behind the stove, plus I had the Scamp factory install a Fantastic Vent in the roof - GREAT improvement. When cooking without a breeze, can just turn on the Fantastic Vent for removing cooking odors, plus it is "Fantastic" (pun intended) for cooling off the Scamp on warm days.

I'm sure you'll have a blast, both fixing up and camping in your new Scamp.

Good luck.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:51 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Used 1997 13' Scamp

I think Scamp sells the vent cover (I assume you mean the roof vent/escape hatch). It's an unusual size so that might be your best bet.

I agree that replacing the hand pump might be the easiest solution- they are inexpensive.

I believe you can buy a bolt-on tongue rack that would carry an ice chest. Or make/have made something similar. It might depend on how much tongue weight your vehicle can handle. We prefer to carry ours inside the trailer or vehicle due to summer desert temperatures between us and the beaches of California.

Best wishes!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp