Velcro and awnings. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-20-2008, 07:46 AM   #15
Name: Scott
Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
that does look good. a very simple answer as well.

Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #16
Trailer: 1985 Companion
I believe it is 8 X 8.

Karen K.

Karen K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:35 PM   #17
Trailer: Boler 1980 13 ft
People of the awning group..listen I have been down this road before this is what I did just a suggestion.go to your local RV dealer they should have in stock a rail or guide or slot thingy call it waht you want but it screws to your camper above the door and window of course and what you do is get your awning at any boat canvas shop and have a rope sewn into the end of the canvas. All you have to do then is slide it in the "slot" that is attached to your camper get 2 telescopic tents poles from the camping section in your local Wal-mart I think that they are 7 dollars each and wala. when you take down your canapoy all you are left with is the attached slot thingy and no wind resistance. I have it on my 13 Boler and I made sure that when you put the screws throught the camper shell make sure that you have clear silicon with rubber backed fender washers. what I did then because I am anal about leaks is I put a bead of clear silicon around the washer to ensure no leaks.....any questions reply back tomorrow I will have pictures of the "thingy" and washers...Joe

Just wondering if you have any photos? we to have a 13 ft boler and are trying to think of something for the awning. I know i've seen other posts somewhere.. when they used a tarp folded over a rope and pulled it thru the track. This could also work in a pinch.

Ria. V is offline   Reply With Quote