Ventura -first step into the trailer - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-01-2016, 08:37 PM   #15

Name: Patricia
Trailer: 1975 Ventura
Manitoba
Need clarification

Does anyone know what the original construction of the Ventura threshold looked like? Was the flooring continuous to the door or was there a separate small piece (about 12x22) at the doorway and did the floor slope toward the door, possibly for drainage?
I am going to try to raise the sagging floor at the door (as I repair the corner crack) by putting a plywood/fiberglass patch underneath and pushing the threshold up from underneath to meet the new subfloor with adhesive or resin between the fg and the subfloor.
I would just like to get an idea if that floor was originally level or slanted and, if so, how much.

Old 07-03-2016, 02:10 PM   #16

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
Pretty sure the main floor was all one piece except for the part between the front benches. I am pretty sure that the floor at the door was level( or as close to level as these guys come). I used to place the level there when jacking the trailer.

BTW just to clarify, I put a small piece of plywood on top of the floor under the door frame to force the door frame up and support it as the frame corner weld was broken. I did not force the floor upwards. I used caulking on the frame where it was cracked to seal it from water, which may be where your floor got wet.

Old 07-03-2016, 06:22 PM   #17

Manitoba
Thanks

Thank you so much. This is exactly what I wanted know.
It is a bit of a handicap never having seen another Ventura. And they certainly are not showing up on youtube, unlike Bolers and Shastas .
This trailer has a very noticeable slope and I want to eliminate at least some of it, if possible. Perhaps force was too harsh a word, more like coax.
Whichever, the floor at the door does need some reinforcing.
I had been wondering about the gap between the bottom of the frame and the fiberglass. It seemed about the depth of the plywood on the floor.
I took the door and frame (along with the windows) off today so now know what I am dealing with.
We are in for a stretch of rain so I have something that I can work on in the garage until I can get back to the trailer.
Again, thanks for all your help.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:18 PM   #18

Alberta
Registry
Wish I could help with some photo's but my Ventura is now up in Dawson Creek BC area so my memory will have to do.

Here is the only photo I have of the door area
Attached Thumbnails
DSC01435 (Medium).JPG  
Old 07-03-2016, 09:17 PM   #19

Manitoba
Looks level as far as I can see and neatly finished. Hope mine gets to that stage.
Thanks for looking for pics. I appreciate it.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:46 AM   #20

Alberta
Registry
on mine there was an aluminum piece that was on a 45 degree from the floor to the door frame. You can see it in the picture under the magic screen. The piece of wood to support the door frame was under the aluminum piece.

Tags
ventura