Ventura window leak found..ideas how to fix? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2016, 08:44 PM   #1

Name: Kim
Trailer: Ventura
Manitoba
Ventura window leak found..ideas how to fix?

Yes me agine sorry lol but you guys are so awsome on ideas )
So the corner of my door window leaks after much testing I found where ( outside left corner ) I'm at option A.seal window closed or B. Attach a cup somehow to inside to catch drips lol anyone have better ideas? I have a lace screen door drape so no window not opening won't make me cry
Attached Thumbnails
received_10153544379177142.jpeg   received_10153544379137142.jpeg  

Cheyanna83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:20 PM   #2

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Forget the cup....that is a mug's way of fixing issues and you are going to end up with rot and mold if you pursue that course. Hopefully you were just trying to be funny, I was certainly amused by it

If you must do a quick fix use some Captain Tolleys, you are likely to need 5 or 6 applications of the Captain Tulleys for to find its way in to seal up the void. Follow the application directions.

But truthfully you should do the job right, take the windows out, rehabilitate them and then reinstall using new seals to replace any old ones that have started to deteriorate.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:24 PM   #3

Name: Kim
Trailer: Ventura
Manitoba
Yes just frustrate with this door lol been a boatload of issues..I see no way to remove it if so I'd played with idea finding a cheap solid window to plug in,but I see no screws or anything if I had a grand I'd buy a new door lol ..
Cheyanna83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:06 AM   #4

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
There are only a couple of ways it could have been installed, so it won't take very long for you to solve the puzzle of how it was done. Don't give up so easily. Look for clues.... such as screws or on the inside of the door maybe there were separate pieces of trim applied against the main window frame, or even both things. The screws might be along the inside of the framing in the track where the window slides.

Don't you like to solve puzzles now and again? Try to get out of frustration mode and get into "how did they do that??" mode.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ventura