VIN number - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-27-2005, 08:04 PM   #1
Mariusz Wolanin
I have a 1984 Scamp 13 feet. Can some one tell me where the VIN number is located on this type of trailer? Thanks
Old 12-27-2005, 08:33 PM   #2
Trailer: 2007 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
On my Burro it is located on top of the frame just behind the hitch. If you have trouble finding it, or it has been worn off, and you know the correct number, you can restamp it on the frame in a location the DMV can see easy. This has been discussed a few times on the forum.

Gary Lynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 11:21 PM   #3
Trailer: Fiber Stream 1982
We bought our Fiber Stream in Phoenix.
It had been built and was registered in California. The CA VIN number on the pink was "FS" followed by a bunch of zeros and the number "12."
Arizona DMV could not find the stamped VIN, so they issued us an AZ VIN after we posted a bond (essentially an insurance policy) and they queried CA to see if the trailer was on the hot sheet.
We stripped all the paint off the tongue and could find no evidence that anything had ever been stamped on the metal. There was a spot on the side of the trailer near the door where a sticker had been removed; perhaps that was the VIN.
We never did get the new VIN stamped on the frame. The only time it came up was when we crossed the border back into the U.S. and the Mexican authorities wanted to see the VIN on the trailer.
After that, we decided to keep "Li'l Cutie" stored in Tucson.
John Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:12 AM   #4
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson

There was a spot on the side of the trailer near the door where a sticker had been removed; perhaps that was the VIN.
On my Fiber Stream the VIN "plate" is actually a thick tinfoil like sticker next to the amber (street) side marker light, glued to the fiberglass body, about the size of a business card. It lists the Manufacturer; "The Fiber Stream Company", of "Mira Loma, California", Date of Manufacture; "month: 3 year: 1978",and the VIN: [b]FS781041.

I also have a metal foil sticker near the door. It is a Seal of Compliance by the State of California, that the trailer was manufactured to code in force at the date of manufacture. The VIN ([b]FS-78-1041) is there, also.

I have heard that Burro & Scamp stamp their VIN's on the hitch, but not my Fiber Stream.
Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 07:44 AM   #5
Name: Dan
Trailer: Scamp
Hello Mariusz

I've posted more than you probably want to know about Scamp VIN's on my web site. Go to and click on "Scamp VIN Decoding". The page includes a description of where to find a VIN, and also a picture of a VIN on a trailer.

-- Dan Meyer
Dan Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote

license, registration, title, vin