Vintage rv dealership decal - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2015, 12:05 AM   #1

Name: matt
Trailer: 1975 Trillium 1300
New Jersey
Vintage rv dealership decal

I was hoping somebody could help me with this, if your local to the area, that is the pa/nj area, I have a 1975 trillium 1300 and I am fully restoring it. I bought all the decals I can from tom at trillium rv, but there were a few others I had to make myself with graphic software. I like the vintage dealership decal that's on the back and want to remake it, I wasn't sure at first if it was the original sales dealership or a later sales dealership, like if it was bought there in the 80's. I think it might be original because the only thing I could find online was a very small article of this dealership from the 70's, but, my decal is so worn I cannot tell the original colors, does anybody have old photos, or have any idea of the original color of this decal, or maybe you remember it from the 70's, any thing would help, thank you.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1435903476.684947.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	86101

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
slipknotfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 01:52 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknotfan67 View Post
I was hoping somebody could help me with this, if your local to the area, that is the pa/nj area, I have a 1975 trillium 1300 and I am fully restoring it. I bought all the decals I can from tom at trillium rv, but there were a few others I had to make myself with graphic software. I like the vintage dealership decal that's on the back and want to remake it, I wasn't sure at first if it was the original sales dealership or a later sales dealership, like if it was bought there in the 80's. I think it might be original because the only thing I could find online was a very small article of this dealership from the 70's, but, my decal is so worn I cannot tell the original colors, does anybody have old photos, or have any idea of the original color of this decal, or maybe you remember it from the 70's, any thing would help, thank you.Attachment 86101
I think that you'll find that a lot of RV sales lots would put a sticker on any rig they had on the lot for sale back in the day. Now all I see are license plate frames with their names on them. I think that's where yours came from. I've had a few on some RVs I've had and taken most of them off. But the first thing I remove from any vehicle is the dealer frame too .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 05:59 AM   #3

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
At least in the Golden State most of the dealers stickers and add-on names plates have long disappeared due to a lawsuit brought waaaay back in the late 60's

As I remember the story, it seems a well to do buyer went to the British Motor Cars dealership on Van Ness Ave in SF to pick up the Aston Martin he had ordered, and found a big chrome script, with the dealers logo, attached to the deck lid.

Considering what he paid for the car, he didn't think it appropriate that he carry advertising for the dealer and refused to accept the vehicle, even after the dealer offered to remove the offending logo and repaint the deck lid.

The dealer took the buyer to court for breach of contract and lost, thus marking the end of add-on advertising in the auto business, at least in the Golden State.

However, at least as late as the 90's I see that this sort of free & forced advertising was still running amok on the east coast and, if you ever saw a "Moore Cadillac", where the dealer had his dealership name, in matching font & size, placed above the Cadillac logo, in the DC area, you will know of what I am speaking.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:21 AM   #4

New Jersey
Yeah guys, I agree with you, I didn't know it was any sort of law. I am the same way, anytime I have ever bought a car the first thing I do is remove the dealer logo on the back of the car, here in the garden state they still do that and it has gotten worse, I see people riding around in newly purchased cars, and they have the dealers web address in huge letters posted on the back window. My feeling is I just bought the car from you, I'm not going to advertise for you also. BUT, in this case, since this dealership is long gone, and I kind of like the vintage look to it, I did want to recreate it, I just need to know if anybody knows approx. what the original colors were, thanks guys
Old 07-03-2015, 07:58 AM   #5

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
If you look in this link you will see that there are a number of business logo's pertaining to Valley Forge and all seem to use a common color scheme of white text/graphics on a specific red background. At least that way you would keep the logo police away for a while....LOL
https://www.google.com/search?q=Vall...hVrESBkt0bg%3D

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 11:42 AM   #6

New Jersey
Yeah, I see they use that, but I don't think I have to worry about any sort of copyright issues here as this dealership seems long gone, I could just take the decal off, worse comes to worse, I was just hoping someone knew what the colors were, thanks guys for your replies!
Old 07-03-2015, 01:24 PM   #7

Name: Steve
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16
North Carolina
Is leaving it on as is (faded etc) an option? It's kind of it's badge of honor!
SteveV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 02:32 PM   #8

New Jersey
Well I agree, it's just that my "trilli" is gonna look all nice with all other decals new, I wanted this to look new, but I agree with the badge of honor, that's why I really don't want to remove it altogether
Old 07-03-2015, 04:42 PM   #9

Name: Arnold
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
California
It's all in the details, Matt, good job. By the way Slip Knot is the name of a company in Canby, Oregon that makes the best boating ropes, ever. Related?
Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vin