Wasp/hornet spray for self defense - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #41

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie01 View Post
If you can't use wasp spray, can you use a pellet gun. I thought if someone gets past the door you can shoot. I can't believe the laws with this self defense approach. The victims do seem to have NO support. I bought a pellet hand gun, if someone tried to hurt me or mine, I'll go for the eyes first, don't think they will penetrate clothing, not sure, haven't tried yet.
However, it's a very sad state of affairs now a days.
I'm glad I know about the bat, ball and glove......
Be careful of down wind when using your pepper spray also.
In most cases, if a regular gun is illegal to use, a pellet gun will be also. In Illinois, I think the only legal thing is to pee and throw up on them, then run like hell. A pellet gun is just going to piss somebody off, and unless you're insanely well trained, you are NEVER going to hit somebody in the eye under those circumstances.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:09 PM   #42

Name: Bonnie
Trailer: SD Casita
Illinois
Oh damn!
Old 03-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #43

Name: Bonnie
Trailer: SD Casita
Illinois
Jared..........how did you know we have no rights in Illinois?

Thanks for the tip on saving my life. ;-)
Bonnie
Old 03-17-2013, 11:14 PM   #44

Kansas
I've been lax lately (darn camper), but I usually shoot 2-300 rounds a month. I wouldn't have a chance in hell of an eye shot, and in a situation like that, head shots aren't even recommended.

I know this forum doesn't like this stuff, so I'll just say that anybody that is considering doing ANYTHING for self-defense MUST confer with state and local laws and be sure you're legal in doing whatever it is you do.

As an example, I believe in Illinois you have a "duty to retreat", which means you're supposed to run away and let them carry on, instead of taking action. I'm no lawyer though, so get some valid local advice.

I know the laws well in the states I travel to, but that's it.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:16 PM   #45

Kansas
Quote:
Jared..........how did you know we have no rights in Illinois?

Thanks for the tip on saving my life. ;-)
Bonnie
No comment on politics.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:24 PM   #46

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2008 13' Scamp
British Columbia
[QUOTE=Bonnie01;370589]I bought a pellet hand gun, if someone tried to hurt me or mine, I'll go for the eyes first, don't think they will penetrate clothing, not sure, haven't tried yet.QUOTE]

Depends on the type. Some can do some serious damage. One caution though, if the pellet gun uses a CO2 cartrige it can leak pressure over time. If you go to use it and nothing happens you might have to go to Plan B. One small hope is that some pellet guns are very realistic and the very act of pointing it might deter someone from persuing an attack.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:33 PM   #47

Kansas
[QUOTE=Ron in BC;370603]
Quote:
I bought a pellet hand gun, if someone tried to hurt me or mine, I'll go for the eyes first, don't think they will penetrate clothing, not sure, haven't tried yet.QUOTE]

Depends on the type. Some can do some serious damage. One caution though, if the pellet gun uses a CO2 cartrige it can leak pressure over time. If you go to use it and nothing happens you might have to go to Plan B. One small hope is that some pellet guns are very realistic and the very act of pointing it might deter someone from persuing an attack.
Or they'll just pull out a real gun and kill you. I wouldn't escalate a situation with something that has no protection value, personally.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:16 AM   #48

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
I tend to pull down and to the left. Looks like we're aware of the pros and cons of bug spray for self defense purposes. Most of the last page is off topic and pretty harmless really except it proves we just can't resist the scraping our fingernails on the free association chalkboard. Time to put out the light.

jack
Closed Thread