Water Damage Help - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2020, 04:27 PM   #1

Name: Olivia
Trailer: Ford Fleetwood
California
Water Damage Help

I found this large water damage hole in my rv wall recently and I'm wondering what the best plan of attack is to fix it? I've fixed the leak that caused the damage. The previous owner took most of the damaged wood and insulation but it still looks atrocious. Its right down to the fiberglass exterior as well.
Attached Thumbnails
15790406120245721048513445901210.jpg  
00pipirose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:06 PM   #2

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00pipirose View Post
I found this large water damage hole in my rv wall recently and I'm wondering what the best plan of attack is to fix it? I've fixed the leak that caused the damage. The previous owner took most of the damaged wood and insulation but it still looks atrocious. Its right down to the fiberglass exterior as well.
This is not the best forum for you to find help in, the members here are owners of molded fiberglass trailers. Your RV has a very different method of construction than the ones we own.

But of course no one wants you to go away without at least some clue of where you can go to find others who also own the same make and style of RV you have. So here is a link to the Ford Fleetwood Owner's forum.
Fleetwood Owner's Forum - iRV2 Forums

Wishing you the best results with your repairs.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:32 AM   #3

Name: art
Trailer: boler
Alberta
this works on water stained stipple in a house so it may work for you,mis 50% water and household bleach put in a spray bottle and apply lightly DO NOT SATURATE repeat after giving it lots of time to dry if needed, works on water stained fabric also,,,,,but remember if possible test on an area of the fabric ( or what ever ) on a site that will not show
artichoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:33 AM   #4

Name: Michael
Trailer: Trail Cruiser
Alberta
Been there, done that.
I suggest removing the window and them the damaged panel(s). Try to remove them in one piece if possible so you can use them as a template for the new panel.
If it is a stick frame remove any damaged studs or at least the damaged portions and replace with new. If you only replace the damaged portion of the stud, run a new piece adjacent to the portion you replace extending at least a foot to the solid portion you left in place. Glue the overlapping areas of the studs and secure with wood screws extending through both. Cut replacement panel and attach to studs. Reinstall window making sure it is well sealed. Good luck!
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote