Water inlet Question leaking - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2014, 07:08 AM   #1

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Water inlet Question leaking

Ok I haven't had time to check this out due to working. However, I went camping last week. I was dry camping. I noticed every time I used the water pump it would push water out the outside city water inlet. Wondering why? I thought it had a one way valve? I will have to check it sometime this week when I get a day off.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:31 AM   #2

Name: Ben and Janie
Trailer: 2013 16foot Scamp tug 2003 Ford Ranger
Kentucky
The seal broke in mine replaced the city water hook up valve works like it should cost about $15 for the valve
Ben and Janie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:44 AM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Before tearing everything apart check and make sure there is no trash in your little inlet check valve and that is not twisted or unseated. If you can't reseat the check valve you have to replace the inlet connector like Ben suggested.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:55 AM   #4

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Big box hardware stores (Menards) stock reusable Pex fittings which are compatible with the tubing supplied by Scamp. They are simple to use and require no special tools. There is also an inlet with a built-in pressure regulator, available from any RV supplier,
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:59 PM   #5

Just replaced with a new city water inlet last fall from Scamp. I will check for trash this week. Thanks
Old 07-01-2014, 01:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa-t View Post
Just replaced with a new city water inlet last fall from Scamp. I will check for trash this week. Thanks
Well finally checked out the city water inlet. Couldn't find any trash blocking the spring valve. I hooked up the water hose and let it push water through the inlet. Still not working right and letting water run back out the city inlet port. So, I called Scamp and explained the problem and that I had ordered it last August or September. The parts guy said "No problem, I will ship you one out today at no charge". Very nice having someone that makes it right the first time.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #7

Name: Tim
Trailer: Aliner folding & Weekend Warrior toy hauler
Ohio
Most common issue is for the seal/O-ring to be dislodged in the check valve during improper winterizing. Many have had success getting the seal back into place without replacing anything.
1998 Ford E150 pulling a 2006 Weekend Warrior toy hauler = 8 MPG
beemerphile1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerphile1 View Post
Most common issue is for the seal/O-ring to be dislodged in the check valve during improper winterizing. Many have had success getting the seal back into place without replacing anything.
Not trying to be smart or anything but I don't understand how you dislodge the O-ring during winterizing. I installed a winterizing kit on mine where I pump RV antifreeze through the system by-way of the water pump from inside the camper. Please explain. Thanks
Old 07-06-2014, 01:44 PM   #9

Received the free city water inlet from Scamp and removed the problem one and installed the new one yesterday. All is good. After inspecting the other I could see the O-ring sticking out. I managed to get it back in but will be discarding it since I have the newer one and just don't trust it now.