water pressure regulator - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2006, 09:31 AM   #1

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft (was 2003 16 ft Scamp)
Registry
Thumbs up

Before our trip, I bought a brass water pressure regulator at Wally World. After using it a dozen times or so, it quit allowing any water at all thru it. I bought a plastic one at KOA and have been using it but wondered if anyone had success dislodging the problem or somehow fixing it.
Only a few bucks but thought I'd ask.
Thanks, Chris
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:43 AM   #2

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
drop it into a glass of lemon juice overnight. not expensive lemon juice, just the stuff from the dollar store will do. check it out, could work.
potteralice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:43 AM   #3

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Quote:
Before our trip, I bought a brass water pressure regulator at Wally World. After using it a dozen times or so, it quit allowing any water at all thru it. I bought a plastic one at KOA and have been using it but wondered if anyone had success dislodging the problem or somehow fixing it.
Only a few bucks but thought I'd ask.
Thanks, Chris
Chris,

If you still have your receipt, take it back to Wal-Mart.

If you don't have your receipt, ...

I don't think they're repairable.

ON EDIT: What Potteralice said. You can use white vinegar instead.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:13 AM   #4

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft (was 2003 16 ft Scamp)
Registry
Thanks
I'll try one of those.
Chris
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:10 PM   #5

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
If the problem might be mineral deposits, and thus acidic solutions such as lemon juice or vinegar could disssolve the deposits, I would go straight to something like C-L-R. I use this type of strongly acidic cleaner at home to clear showerheads and faucet aerators regularly, because of our high mineral content, and no longer have the patience for weaker solutions - but hey, try what you've got, first!

I have no clue if these regulators can be taken apart and repaired, because mine hasn't plugged yet.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:42 PM   #6

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
I use a plastic one, but I am under the impression that the brass ones are adjustable for pressure and should be able to be taken apart, but taking it back to Walmart would be answer #1 and if they don`t/can`t take it back,(lack of receipt), then disassemble it.....Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:27 PM   #7

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
I had one stop working and back flushed it and it operated once again. It’s worth a try.
Alan #1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:56 PM   #8

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
There you go! possible easy fix....Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:08 AM   #9

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
It is nothing more than a big spring and a backward check valve inside. Bang it with a hammer, back flush it, soak it as suggested and if it don't work then, chuck it and get a new one.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #10

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Don't worry about the water pressure in your camper too much, at least if you have a water heater in your camper.

If you start your water heater while you are pressurized to the typical 45 psi found in our camper, you will find the pressure in your water system to be well over 125 psi once the water heater reaches temperature. The pressure in your water system may even reach 150 psi, which is what your water heater pressure relief valve is set at.

How do I know this? because I installed a water pressure gauge in my camper, and damaged two of them due to overpressure when lighting my water heater

I finally got smart and found a 150 psi gauge, and then it suffered freeze damage over the winter. I'm looking for another 150 psi gauge at a reasonable price.

-- Dan Meyer
Dan Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote