Water Pump Size - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2013, 01:58 AM   #1

Name: C. Elaine
Trailer: Casita 2001 spirit
California
Water Pump Size

I am in the process of gathering parts to restore my stripped Casita Spirit 16' 2001 (no bath, kit. sink only) My best bud wants to gift me with a Jasco water pump new in the box, but I notice it is 10 GPM. Will that work or should I just buy a 2- 3 GPM pump? I don't want to hurt his feelings but that's more pump than I need.
I am missing the sink & p-trap (I have new parts) but do not know if the 1-1/2" gray water pipe drains into tank or on the ground, appreciated all the bucket info. Will climb under soon to look but the unit is wintering in Palm Springs & I'm 80 miles away.
I bought the A-Z Guide, by the time I get everything needed in the trailer I'll probably have to put my underwear in the glove box of my 4-runner. )
partslady9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #2

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
My thought is that the 10 GPH pump will supply more volume than you will need, but if you upgrade later you will have enough of a pump to Handel it. You don't have to open the faucet all the way. It will allow you to regulate the flow and still have enough PSI.

Maybe that will help you out some. I say it's just perfect for the price,
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #3

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 19
Arizona
If the Jabsco pump is an impleller type pump, you may think twice about using it as impellers burn our very easy when run dry. A diaphram pump doesn't have that problem.
captsteve2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #4

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2008 13' Scamp
British Columbia
Free is always nice, free is great but.... Using that pump for the small demands of your trailer would be like using a V-8 engine on a mini bike. Just too much pump. Also the current draw is much higher.

But free is always a temptation

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote