Wedgewood 4 burner oven in need of part - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2016, 06:16 PM   #1

Name: Kerri
Trailer: Bigfoot/Boler
British Columbia
Registry
Wedgewood 4 burner oven in need of part

Oven model R1745G - It's a long short but here goes - oven controller/ thermostat part #51095 are no longer made, (in my 1992 Bigfoot trailer) so anyone that has this model of wedge wood oven and thinking of upgrading let me know. Even if I replaced the whole darn unit it appears 4 burner stove tops are rare instead. I'm not sure why this upsets me... I really can't see ever using the oven.
Bigfoot1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:10 PM   #2

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Try RV Doctor Gorge in Sacramento Ca. 916-927-7837
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:57 AM   #3

Name: Rich
Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot Fifth Wheel
Texas
I had the same problem in my 1987 Bigfoot fifth wheel. I bought a scratch & dent range on eBay. It has three burners and a working oven. Other than some minor flaws, it is new.

Although it only has three burners, they work much, much better that those on the original range. Water boils in maybe half the time. I'm happy as a clam with the new one and as a bonus, it has piezoelectric ignition. What a treat! (Manual light oven pilot.)

Did the new range fit the hole? Well, not quite. There is a small gap behind (slightly noticeable) and a small gap below (not noticeable). This was a small price to pay for totally improved cooking experience.

I made a top for the new range because the flip up cover on the old range doesn't fit the new one.
Rich Ess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:22 AM   #4

Name: Kerri
Trailer: Bigfoot/Boler
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Ess View Post
I had the same problem in my 1987 Bigfoot fifth wheel. I bought a scratch & dent range on eBay. It has three burners and a working oven. Other than some minor flaws, it is new.

Although it only has three burners, they work much, much better that those on the original range. Water boils in maybe half the time. I'm happy as a clam with the new one and as a bonus, it has piezoelectric ignition. What a treat! (Manual light oven pilot.)

Did the new range fit the hole? Well, not quite. There is a small gap behind (slightly noticeable) and a small gap below (not noticeable). This was a small price to pay for totally improved cooking experience.

I made a top for the new range because the flip up cover on the old range doesn't fit the new one.
I considered a new unit but I'm reluctant to give up my 4 burners which work great. For now the propane is sealed off to the oven (safety) whilst I hunt for this elusive part. These days there are a lot of options - outdoor camp ovens, portable convection ovens and since my sweet little Boler didn't have an oven I suspect I won't miss what I haven't had. Glad you are happy with your EBay purchase.
Bigfoot1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:51 AM   #5

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
looks like wedgewood used 2 different suppliers for the controls. I think that you could use the controls from a 3 burner or 4 burner just make sure to grab the knob as well. I did find this manual and it does go into interchange of parts.
atwood ranges
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote