Wet dirty dogs - sand everywhere - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #15

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
I don't know how tall you are or how wide the Compact is but if you camp alone human wise....you might be able to sleep sideways in the bed and make it narrower. That would give you more floor space and each dog could have their own "bench" area with their own comfy beds. You might have to put up some sort of barrier to keep them off your portion in the beginning.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #16

Trailer: 1991 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Pat,
I had the same issue with my retriever after hunting and I would put her up in the Casita to rest. I would come back and find her stretched out on my bed and propped up on the pillows, even though she had her own comfy bed with a pillow on the floor(I guess the old girl preferred the memory foam). Not a big deal if she was clean, but after retrieving birds out of stock tanks and muddy creeks, I didn't want that on my bed. My answer was cheap and simple. Went to the dollar store and bought the cheapest inflatable raft they had. Paid $1.99 for it and once aired up, laid it across the front of the bed and it created a tall barrier across the bed that she did not want to hurdle. Problem solved cheaply and easily and once deflated,it took up very little space in an upper cabinet and of course weighs very little. Hope this helps.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:28 PM   #17

Trailer: 1973 Compact II
Quote:
I don't know how tall you are or how wide the Compact is but if you camp alone human wise....you might be able to sleep sideways in the bed and make it narrower. That would give you more floor space and each dog could have their own "bench" area with their own comfy beds. You might have to put up some sort of barrier to keep them off your portion in the beginning.
Actually, I'm height challenged and easily fit on one of the benches for a bed. Problem is dogs stretching out re bench sleeping. Did do the bench sleeping but with table there, not good for dogs. So, thinking about rearranging the U-shape dinette where the benches are that makes into giant bed that takes up most of the Compact II. Going to try shoving the big table sideways all the way to the back and taking out the back rest cushions - more room for the dogs to stretch out and more floor room to stand up in the tiny trailer. Then I'll try again with my sleeping on a bench that stays dry and clean.

Also gave up and found end-of-season cheaper prices on screen room components. Want to keep doing this but want dogs and me to be comfortable. Thanks for suggestions. The forum posters have been so kind and helpful. Pat
Old 08-08-2009, 07:44 PM   #18

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
I was gunna suggest either getting rid of the dog, or possibly trading the dog for a cat, but decided as wonderful as those ideas are -- oh well -- forget it! :>)