What does your mid 70's Trillium 1300 key look like? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2016, 03:56 PM   #1

Name: Anne-Marie
Trailer: 1977 Trillium 1300
Ontario
What does your mid 70's Trillium 1300 key look like?

I've got a 1300 Trillium, that the ownership says is a 1978. But, my Mom (Noreen Bradshaw) who used to be quite active on this forum before she passed away last year, was always convinced it was actually older. She passed this 1300 on to me when she purchased a sweet 4500. I know I had keys to the door at that time, but now can't find them and can't even remember what they looked like! Is it a large key...a small key??? Could someone please post a photo of theirs so I can know what I am looking for?
In the event I can't find them, are they replacable from anywhere? I wish my Mom were here to ask!
Thanks so much for any help!
Anne-Marie L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:02 PM   #2

Name: Barry and Kathy
Trailer: 1975 Trillium 1300
Ontario
Registry
My Bargman key for my 75

Here is what my key looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
BuzzBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:04 PM   #3

Name: Barry and Kathy
Trailer: 1975 Trillium 1300
Ontario
Registry
And the other side

This is my key from the other side. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
BuzzBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:42 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie L View Post
I've got a 1300 Trillium, that the ownership says is a 1978. But, my Mom (Noreen Bradshaw) who used to be quite active on this forum before she passed away last year, was always convinced it was actually older. She passed this 1300 on to me when she purchased a sweet 4500. I know I had keys to the door at that time, but now can't find them and can't even remember what they looked like! Is it a large key...a small key??? Could someone please post a photo of theirs so I can know what I am looking for?
In the event I can't find them, are they replacable from anywhere? I wish my Mom were here to ask!
Thanks so much for any help!
Hello Anne Marie sorry about your moms passing as we also miss her here. If you can't find the key you can easily remove the lock set and take it to a locksmith were he can make a new key for about 20 bucks.have them also clean and grease the lock as they can be hard to replace.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:12 PM   #5

Ontario
Thank you Buzzbunny for the photos! That gave me an idea of what to look for. I have gone through every key in the house now and know that none of them work in the Trillium door.

Thanks Mike. It will be one year tomorrow since Mom passed away. We are soooo glad we were able to get her to her last Eggfest to see everyone last year. She wanted to go so badly. I did sell her 4500 Trillium....it went within days of listing it. Now I am getting ready to sell the 1300. I will take your advice to take the lockset to a locksmith, to get a new key. Or maybe I'll let the new owner worry about it.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:24 PM   #6

Ontario
I know you are quite knowledgable about these trailers Mike. Did you see my other post asking about whether a bracket above the range might be part of some original equipment?

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ium-75240.html

If it isn't original, I am just going to remove it as it takes up space, has nothing in it and has quite sharp corners and edges!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 06-18-2016, 09:49 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
I know you are quite knowledgable about these trailers Mike. Did you see my other post asking about whether a bracket above the range might be part of some original equipment?

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ium-75240.html

If it isn't original, I am just going to remove it as it takes up space, has nothing in it and has quite sharp corners and edges!
Anne Marie I don't believe that is original and even if it was removing it would not deter its value.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:49 AM   #8

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Actually, The position of your trailer on the the Trillium serial number list implies the manufacture date of your trailer is 1976, or 1977:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post591982

My keys are exactly like the one pictured.

The bracket under your kitchen cupboard is not original.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:37 AM   #9

Ontario
I know! My Mom always said she thought this trailer was actually a '76 for a couple of reasons.....probably one was that she participated in your serial number survey (though I didn't know about that, at the time) and she also had learned about things like how the trillium logo had changed over the years. She was quite passionate about her Trilliums and had all the little details of things like that memorized!
She was one of the first people to add her Trilliums to your list, though she added her 4500 first and then this 1300 later.

The ownership says 1978....so that's what I went with. And Mom had to go through a rigamarole just to get THAT. Long after she bought this trailer, she discovered the VIN # on the trailer didn't match that of the ownership and went through a long process with the government to get a new one.

I removed the bracket a few days ago and the kitchen looks much nicer without it!
I know I had a set of keys to this thing. I stored it at my brothers house over the winter and I'm pretty sure the keys went over there with it. But my brother says no.....and now we can't find them. So I'll get some new ones made.

I also decided not to sell! As I got the trailer out, gave it a cleaning, made some small repairs and checked out all systems, it just grew on me and I couldn't sell it! We decided to see if we use it for some kayaking/bicycling/fishing trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Actually, The position of your trailer on the the Trillium serial number list implies the manufacture date of your trailer is 1976, or 1977:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post591982

My keys are exactly like the one pictured.

The bracket under your kitchen cupboard is not original.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:30 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
I know! My Mom always said she thought this trailer was actually a '76 for a couple of reasons.....probably one was that she participated in your serial number survey (though I didn't know about that, at the time) and she also had learned about things like how the trillium logo had changed over the years. She was quite passionate about her Trilliums and had all the little details of things like that memorized!
She was one of the first people to add her Trilliums to your list, though she added her 4500 first and then this 1300 later.

The ownership says 1978....so that's what I went with. And Mom had to go through a rigamarole just to get THAT. Long after she bought this trailer, she discovered the VIN # on the trailer didn't match that of the ownership and went through a long process with the government to get a new one. I

I removed the bracket a few days ago and the kitchen looks much nicer without it!
I know I had a set of keys to this thing. I stored it at my brothers house over the winter and I'm pretty sure the keys went over there with it. But my brother says no.....and now we can't find them. So I'll get some new ones made.

I also decided not to sell! As I got the trailer out, gave it a cleaning, made some small repairs and checked out all systems, it just grew on me and I couldn't sell it! We decided to see if we use it for some kayaking/bicycling/fishing trips.
Unfortunately or fortunately Anne Marie I think you are catching fg fever and I think your mom would of been happy that you did as she had it also. Hopefully you will be able to get to bolerama this year and Cary on her tradition and were you will get lots of advice on your trillium. On another note even though I have some disappointed friends who were hopping to buy your trailer I'm happy you have decided to keep it and make it work for you.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:05 AM   #11

Ontario
Bolerama is in Quebec this year? I thought I saw that event listing somewhere. In that case, I don't think we will be attending that though I would like to get to a gathering somewhere eventually to gather ideas on how others have outfitted their trailers. There is a gathering at somewhere nearby in MI, is there not? Algonac? I remember Mom going to one. I still have her good friend Bev, who almost always travelled with her, to get some info from.
I've already taken your suggestion and bought a water filter faucett to replace the broken original city water faucett. It is going to work and look great! Then I will replace the pump faucett with the new one I found tucked away in the bench storage, flush the tank and replace the water lines so I know they are clean and don't leak.
I've got lots of ideas! But will do my research first and go slow while I learn from others here.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:15 AM   #12

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I hope I am not being crass, but what became of your moms 4500? Is it still in your family?

I am not looking for yet another trailer, just curious.

I live in Alberta, where a hand written receipt is all you need to register a trailer. Kind of a wild west.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:35 AM   #13
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Bolerama is in Quebec this year? I thought I saw that event listing somewhere. In that case, I don't think we will be attending that though I would like to get to a gathering somewhere eventually to gather ideas on how others have outfitted their trailers. There is a gathering at somewhere nearby in MI, is there not? Algonac? I remember Mom going to one. I still have her good friend Bev, who almost always travelled with her, to get some info from.
I've already taken your suggestion and bought a water filter faucett to replace the broken original city water faucett. It is going to work and look great! Then I will replace the pump faucett with the new one I found tucked away in the bench storage, flush the tank and replace the water lines so I know they are clean and don't leak.
I've got lots of ideas! But will do my research first and go slow while I learn from others here.
No bolerama is in longbeach ont on the July 10 th weekend not to be confused with Quebec bolerama in sept
Old 06-22-2016, 11:29 AM   #14

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
I hope I am not being crass, but what became of your moms 4500? Is it still in your family? I am not looking for yet another trailer, just curious..
Not at all David...
Unfortunately, it was part of her estate and had to be sold. But it ended up with a nice couple in nearby Petrolia, so I have seen it around.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:31 AM   #15

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
No bolerama is in longbeach ont on the July 10 th weekend not to be confused with Quebec bolerama in sept
Hmmm....we'll keep that in mind. We are headed to Maine and then Cape Breton for two weeks on the motorcycles the week after that, so things will be busy in July.

Tags
trillium