What is the size of your front dinette cut-out? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #15
Name: Per
Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft Widebody towed by Touareg TDI
I's one of those little mysteries, Jack, because all the cabinet doors in mine hare molded fiberglass, rounded with a lip all around. Being a woodworker I have itched to replace them but they are actually very much in tune with the rest of the fiberglass work. Besides, the wife likes them too, so I have left them alone.

If you search some of the pictures I've posted over the years you will probably find one that shows this, which includes the door on the street side cubby hole under the seat. The only thing I will do to them is to find a more pleasing finish treatment on the inside. Currently raw fiberglass, or as my wife says: snot colored (sorry).

Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #16
Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Some of us get carried away with "improvements" and lose the ability to whistle the tune called "Light-weight Camping Trailer." I would guess that the molded doors are lighter than solid melamine board doors. I take them as an indicator of an effort by Escondido Burro to improve the product even in the "time of troubles." I did cover mine with forest green MBA vinyl to add a bit of color to the interior of the "fridge."

rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search