What size Screen Room do I need & where can I get one? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2014, 04:22 PM   #1

Name: Barbe
Trailer: Boler
West Virginia
Smile What size Screen Room do I need & where can I get one?

Hi everyone! Does anyone know where I can find an 8' (?) Trimline screen room to mesh with my zippered Dometic bag awning? the channel groove that it slides into is 80" long, it is 80" from channel to the ground, the sides of the open awning are 80" and the front of it measures 93". There is a zipper on the 2 sides and front of awning. Is an 8 ft screen room the proper size that I need? Does ANYONE know where I can purchase said item? So far I have not had ANY luck and am getting frustrated. Thanks
Barbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:54 PM   #2

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
You might try Ebay as this size has been sold on Ebay this year and last it had the zippered awning sides for the Add a Room. I bought one of the awnings and decided the arms may not be strong enough for the added weight of the Add A Room. I looked for the rooms at that time and none were being offered on that site so I searched other places and found them to be very expensive. I am using a first up gazebo with the wind walls instead. Also have the screen panels for it.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:50 AM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1982 16 ft
Registry
Contact these guys and see what they can do for you. I've used them for their bag awnings and cushion covers.

Add a Room for Shademaker Bag Awning
Victor Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:58 PM   #4

Name: Barbe
Trailer: Boler
West Virginia
Thanks guys, I had already searched Ebay,Amazon... the world wide web, etc. and tried calling humans at customer service at Dometic (THAT was a big fail!) ...she kept telling me to contact the RV dealer to have him order it. I asked her if this was Dometic, she replied Yes. I asked if Dometic made this zippered awning, again yes, ... Can I get a screen room for these diminsions that have the zipper? and then we'd go back to her standard...call my dealership.... I kept stating it was a '72 Boler that was purchased from an individual and there ARE no Boler dealerships & my Dometic bag awning has a zipper & where can I get the screen room to match it and she kept repeating for me to contact my camper dealership. It almost seemed like a Who's on First routine & would have been funny if I wasn't getting so ...... Frustrated, I finally just disconnected since she already appeared to be and then posted my query on this forum. Mr.Benz, I truly appreciate your suggestion. I will contact them to see if they can help. I sincerely hope they can. If not maybe someone will have a used one that I could purchase. Thanks again!
Barbe is offline   Reply With Quote