What year is my Boler? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #1

Name: Donna
Trailer: 13'Boler /17' Escape
Alberta
Registry
Hi
I am a new member. I have a 13 ft Boler reg as a 1973 but might be a 1968? Where do I find the Vin? It is white, No recessed tail lights, very flat roof, not window over stove, no window cover on front, no insulation, no furnace, had an ice box no frig. Bill of sale says vin is 5045, but I have never seen it myself, where do I look? Want to confirm the year? Others think it is a 68?
ohmydog2dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #2

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
VIN help

Hi Donna
Not sure if this will help, but I can share what I know. We have a 1973 Boler. There is a very faded nameplate on the left side near the power cord hole. There is also a dealer sticker on the inside of the closet door. Ours was hidden behind a mirror that some previous owner had installed.

From what you describe, and what I have read, I think you are correct that yours is an earlier model. So these "new fangled" VIN things may not have been incorporated. Maybe you can compare body style with pictures of other Bolers to more accurately date yours.
StrangeQuark88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:33 AM   #3

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
A picture of the trailer/roof would help. Also door hinges.
All white might be painted, look for clues.
No insulation may be original or removed.
VIN # has me thinking.
Dealer name? location?
Anything on the tongue?
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:44 AM   #4

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Flat roof and no recessed tail lights = one of the first 100 Bolers built. I have found a lot of Bolers are not properly registered. With wrong years and wrong serial numbers. Your serial number is WAY too high for what your describing. Serial number can be found on a plate on the drivers side just below the belly band middle of the trailer and also on the inside of 1 of the doors. If they were not replaced by a previous owner , at 45 years old who knows what pervious owners have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmydog2dee View Post
Hi
I am a new member. I have a 13 ft Boler reg as a 1973 but might be a 1968? Where do I find the Vin? It is white, No recessed tail lights, very flat roof, not window over stove, no window cover on front, no insulation, no furnace, had an ice box no frig. Bill of sale says vin is 5045, but I have never seen it myself, where do I look? Want to confirm the year? Others think it is a 68?
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote