What year is my Boler? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #1

Name: Dan
Trailer: 13' Boler '69
British Columbia
What year is my Boler?

I am trying to determine the year of my Boler. The only structural reference I can see is that the rear taillights/signals are not recessed. I do not know whether that makes it older or less old. There is also an original fire extinguisher (I think) and an old page from what appears to be a Boler brochure. Any thoughts on year?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0015.jpg   IMG_0016.jpg  

IMG_0018.jpg   IMG_0020.jpg  

IMG_0021.jpg   IMG_0022.jpg  

danielcaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
What year was on the registration papers when you bought it?
Perhaps the serial number would give an idea.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #3

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Is the roof totally flat (first Bolers) or does it have the raised part in centre? What does the water filler look like? Some pictures showing the whole of the outside and rear may help people have a better idea of year.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Sorry, can't help much with the year, but the extinguisher appears to be labelled as containing Chlorobromomethane, which would suggest that the Boler is as old as they come, or just that the extinguisher was not new when it was put in the trailer.

I wouldn't use that fire extinguisher... but it looks cool.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #5

Name: Dan
Trailer: 13' Boler '69
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
What year was on the registration papers when you bought it?
Perhaps the serial number would give an idea.
Carol H,

I wouldn't know where to look for the serial numbers and as far as the registration papers, it was a wife's brother in law's parents (if that makes sense) so accompanying documentation wasn't really important to us (more of an after thought). It is more out of curiousity than necessity that we know the year.

Kootenai girl,

Its a tight fit in my garage and the lighting is not that great as the photo of the rear indicates. I would have to push the trailer out on the road to get a full exterior shot. It is, however, not a flat top.

Brian B-P,

I thing that extinguisher came with the trailer when it was bought. I know that the chain of extended family members it went through did little in terms of updating. Definitely an antique.
danielcaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Is the inside of the door raw fiberglass strands or is it a molded door .a raw fg door would make it 73 or earlier a flat roof would make it earlier than 70
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #7

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Dan, you might want to see if they still have papers... you might have just a tab of a problem with ICBC when you go to register it . Did it have an old plate on it when you got it? that would help with it...

Depending on where the trailer was built makes a difference as to where you might fined the serial number. Some had a sheet of paper stuck in the closet door with the Serial on it, others had a little sticker on the outside on the passenger side, others had it on a small plate by the water outlet outside, some have it stamped into the tongue or a plate on the tongue - which more often than not has been painted over so many times you might not even notice it.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler

« Extra bunk | Bruce »