Wheel bearings - Compact Jr. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2015, 07:24 PM   #1

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Hunter Compact Junior
Oregon
Wheel bearings - Compact Jr.

Hey all! I plan on bringing the 'Critter Cabin' up to Portland by the end of the month to redo the floor. Have new wheels and tires on order, but would really like to redo the bearings before setting out. Anyone know the bearing # off hand?

Kevin B

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Kevin PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:53 AM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
As there were several different sizes of seals used you really need to pull those and the bearings and get parts that match what you have.

Unless you have reason to believe otherwise, cleaning and repacking is all that is usually needed. But again, the seal may be a little harder to find

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:31 PM   #3

Oregon
I was afraid of as much. Trailer is basically in the middle of nowhere and I can't even get a cel call out from the property to hunt for parts. I could get the new wheels & tires on and bring it into town to let a garage look at it, but if they don't have it it's a problem.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:50 PM   #4

Bearings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin PDX View Post
I was afraid of as much. Trailer is basically in the middle of nowhere and I can't even get a cel call out from the property to hunt for parts. I could get the new wheels & tires on and bring it into town to let a garage look at it, but if they don't have it it's a problem.

Can you just pull of both brake drujms and take them into the nearest town. A "Regular" auto parts store is usually equipped to replace/repack the bearings as well.

What town are you located close to and how far is it to the trailer.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:45 PM   #5

Oregon
The trailer is in Blodgett, Oregon. Nearest town is Philomath (about 20 minute drive). There is a tire & wheel shop in town (Beggs) that may be my best bet. There are 2 auto parts stores there, but one normally send me to Corvallis (40 mins) or tells me they need to order whatever I've needed.

Pulling the hub shouldn't be a problem. I just don't like the back & forth driving and the wasted time

The furthest I've towed is was when I bought it - maybe a 20 minute drive. I really want to make sure it will make trip home o Portland (2 hr drive) at highway speeds.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:10 PM   #6

Unless they prove to be full of rust, a quick repack and carefully reusing the old seals, should get you home OK