Where can I FIND or have MADE a window for my... - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-28-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
Name: B
Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
I have a 1977 retro Scamp baby with a 1/2 jelousie'd window (AKA: Louvre'd window) and need the bottom portion of the 2 paned louvred side window. Someone took out an airconditioner and tossed the bottom pane, not thinking that anyone would want to restore it back to a regular side window.

I've contacted Scamp's factory and they don't have anything OLD to replace it with, so I'm trying to put out an SOS for someone who might have an extra pane, with no use for it.

Or if someone has an idea where I can take my trailer to have a new pane made...then, when I crank it open, BOTH flaps of the louvre'd windows will open and when it's cranked shut, no rain will come into my eGGIE.

Any help or ideas is APPRECIATED>
email to Barbara:

bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
If it's just the glass you need, any glass shop can help you. I've even seen pre-cut jalousie window glass at Home Depot. You'd just need the measurements. If it's actual mechanical window parts, try some of the sites from the Helpful-Links here: Windows and Window Parts

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:36 AM   #3
Name: B
Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
That link is GREAT ...at least for the hardware portion. I think I'll take your advice and b\my canadian buddy, Doug Mager's, and just bring the trailer to a glass repair shop and have them cut me a window. Of course, I'll try Home Depot first. I was SURPRISED to even think they might have the window there!!!
Thanks so much, YET AGAIN, for your expansive (hope it's never EXPENSIVE) advice!
I'll let you know how it works out. I'm taking it over to my trailer guys for a full CHECK-UP...wheel pack, new battery and whether the appliances need to have new gas lines or some such put in...Otherwise, she's in great shape.
Maybe I can get the X-Mas gathering organised this year...who knows...I think of it but didn't follow through last year.
Hope to see you sometime soon.
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:33 AM   #4
Trailer: 1973 Bug-eyed Boler
I found this when I was poking around Craigs List (free classifieds)- Not really in your area, but maybe the seller would be willing to ship them to you.

Hope it helps,
Gail S. is offline   Reply With Quote