where did you find yours? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #41

Name: Kd
Trailer: Scamp
SouthEast
Registry
Checking Craigslist daily. Took me about 3 years to find one in my pitiful price range. But finally did...and it was about 23 miles down the road.
_Scamp87_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #42

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Not done yet, but all four were found on kijiji. I still check all of Canada at least twice a day.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #43

Trailer: 89 16 ft Scamp
Our Scamp found us. My daughter and I saw a group from Sisters on the Fly at a Country Living Expo and decided we wanted to do that too. We searched the internet, but ended up finding the Scamp the next road over from me. We had never even had a rv or heard of a Scamp. The minute we walked into it we knew it was exactly what we wanted We bought it right then and there, and are living happliy ever after. It's a 1989 16 ft. and we love it!!!!!!
Beth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #44

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
HI Beth, to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here!

Great story for a first post. So, where are the pictures?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #45

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Tch, tch, tch. I did foil "one of those" when buying my Burro. I kept bidding in low increments until the last bid which was substantially higher, so when that person swooped in at the final second, expecting a lower bid increment, he/she lost.

CindyL
I swooped in high, so was happy that I didn't have to go the full amount I bid. I watched someone try to outbid me at the last 15 seconds.... nervwracking
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #46

Name: Denece
Trailer: Compact II
California
Registry
We found ours on this site.

We had seen an ad for a U-Haul CT and drove 90 miles to see it. Once we got there we realized we would never fit in the tiny bed/dinette. I refused to consider the "kids bunks". So we drove home sadly.
Did a tiny bit of research on this site, realized what we wanted was a Compact or campster with a "queen bed". Ran thru the ads again, saw one just listed a few blocks from our previous looky. Drove back up and bought it. Probably overpaid cause we needed to do a bunch more work on it than we realized that night. No bother. We are enjoying our Compact II and finding even more projects every trip. Isn't that part of the fun?
Denece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:24 PM   #47

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Sometimes things are just meant to be. We spent about 1.5 years looking at ebay, here, Casita adds, etc. It was soon, maybe not so soon, discovered that there were at that time basicly two types of trailers on the used market. Those that needed a complete renovation and those that cost almost the same as a new one. At the time I really didn't need or want another project. Gave up looking for used and called Scamp. About 3 months later a brand new Scamp showed up in my driveway.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #48

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
We spent about 1 yr looking on-line for something used that we could like. After we became aware of Escapes, it was only a few short months before we put an order in for ours. Picked it up at the factor in April '13 and the rest is history. Only way we could be happier with it is if we had more opportunities to use it.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #49

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Indiana
Craigslist for us. Our 98 Scamp 16 was an hour away from home. The PO had used it twice and then stored it in a pole barn for years. It was in pristine condition. We made a fast decision to by before the next person that was coming later that day to look at it.
FlyboyTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #50

Trailer: Bigfoot 21.5 ft (25B21RB)
1. I saw a Scamp parked at the end of my street in Anchorage, Alaska. It never moved for 2 years, so I knocked on the door. I bought it the next day.
2. Bought a new Casita from the factory. Drove 4000 miles one way to get it.
3. Found a Bigfoot advertised on this site.
4. Heard about a used Bigfoot sitting at an RV dealership. The dealer had taken it in on trade and knew nothing about Bigfoots or fiberglass trailers. This was the best deal ever.
5. My current Bigfoot 25 was advertised on this site and the Bigfoot Owners Club.
David and Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #51
RLP

Name: Rick
Trailer: 72 Boler
British Columbia
I placed a Want Ad on a couple local sites looking for a small trailer. At that time I had never given any thought to a Boler. Nine months later got a call out of the blue from a fellow that had a 13 foot Boler in his driveway (30 mins away). His words were, "wife says get that thing out of our driveway" - so I did. Mostly needed a cleaning, replacement of a few screws and rivets, door adjusted, minor leak repairs and a new axle and tires. It even came with the original awning and Add-A-Room in pristine condition. Still some things on my To-Do list but has been great little trailer.
RLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:46 PM   #52

Name: Rene
Trailer: Bigfoot 2500 truck camper
British Columbia
Saw it in a hayfield with a for sale sign on it as I was headed down the highway to the next town to go shopping. Then before I could get a hold of the owner I found it advertised on Kijiji. Then I discovered these forums which helped a lot to figure out just what I was looking at. Once I knew the trailer fit our tow vehicle I was sold.
Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #53

Name: JW
Trailer: Casita
Missouri
Wife wanted a Scamp 19'. Been lookin CL and RV fiberglass for sale. Finally one 2004 (deluxe) popped up 500 miles and 8 hr drive. Original owners in their late 70's had it and ordered it new in '04. Had every option on it and every scrap of documentation with it. Pulled her home 500 miles!
gihuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #54

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Utah
Registry
Driving through the little town of Lucerne Valley, CA. Saw 3 Scamp 16's in a military surplus lot. I knew more about the trailers than the surplus dealer knew. No one had bid on them at the military auction at Camp Pendleton so the auctioneer asked the guy to make an offer. He ended up with all 3. I picked the best one of the three at what I thought was a good price(still think it was a good price). Shortly after, he sold the other two-someone wanted to put them on some desert acreage.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #55

Name: asdf
Trailer: asdf
Alabama
I looked for months. Kept waffling back and forth. Casita, no bigfoot, no burro, no Casita. These things are not easy to find close by. Then one night I stumbled on a new ad for a 2009 scamp in Maine, way far away from me in Durham NC. I called and made an offer fwhich was accepted. I arranged to fly up and get it then got sent to Oregon for three weeks before I could execute.

So I am sitting in a hotel in Beaverton dreaming Scamp dreams.:-)

But I will be going to the Oregon gathering this weekend.

once I get back to the east coast I will fly up to Maine to pick up my scamp.
jwcolby54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #56

Name: Chris
Trailer: Boler
Michigan
At parent/teacher conferences last year, I had mentioned something about wanting to live in a van... A students mother said, "how about a camper?" I hadn't considered this, and didnt know anything about them, so I brushed her off, plus I thought she was asking too much. Fast forward 6 months. Summer is here, I have three months off, I find out she is still selling her camper, a 1980 Boler and I offer her 1,000 less than she was asking. I mainly bought it because it was convenient, I have since gutted it and am working on remodeling it. I hadn't planned to do that when I bought it, so I guess I still got a good, hassle free deal out of it. I'm happy and that's what counts.
cmbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #57

Trailer: 1971 13 ft Trillium / 04 Honda Element
Send a message via AIM to carlyi
Started my search for an egg of my own over 7 years ago. I was single in those days. They seemed impossible to get a hold of! Then one day I received a phone call from some Element Club friends who live in Toronto. One of their family members were selling one and they wanted to know if I wanted it. Of course I did!! They even offered to drive it the 6 hours to my house. This meant no border hassles!

Now I know this story seems perfect but the problem is that I purchased my 71 Trillium 4 years ago now. I was not single anymore and had a 6 month old daughter. One week after the camper was delivered we found out we were pregnant again(Surprise!) That camper immediately became very small...lol

Life has set my restoration on hold but I was asked several times this year if I would sell it. I thought long and hard and realized that I can't part with it. I have a strange connection to that camper. The weirdest thing is so does my 3 year old son. While having a discussion one night about possibly selling, he decided to butt in and tell us how much he loves "his camper". So looks like the Trillium is here to stay
carlyi is offline   Reply With Quote