Where is the VIN???? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2008, 03:48 PM   #1

Trailer: Play Pac
I bought my Playpac in Washington State over a year ago and have been remodeling it ever since. It is now ready to go and so I attempted to register it here in B.C. today. Problem is I can't find the VIN on the trailer and they won't let me register it until I do. I anyone has any idea on where it may be I would appreciate it...and yes I have looked all over. Any ideas would be appreciated. Cheers, L.
Liza S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:17 AM   #2

Quote:
I bought my Playpac in Washington State over a year ago and have been remodeling it ever since. It is now ready to go and so I attempted to register it here in B.C. today. Problem is I can't find the VIN on the trailer and they won't let me register it until I do. I anyone has any idea on where it may be I would appreciate it...and yes I have looked all over. Any ideas would be appreciated. Cheers, L.
Hi Liza! I don't have a clue where it is either but there are a couple of other Playpac owners on the forum and maybe they would know. I also have a Playpac and haven't started the renovations yet but would love to see what you've done with yours. I haven't seen any VIN on mine either.

Do you have your owner's manual? I have a copy of one I can email if you don't.

Camilla
Camilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:48 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Scamp and a number of others have the VIN stamped into the top of the frame, curbside, about six inches back from the coupler. Usually covered with several coats of paint. May be easier to see at night with flashlight shining across frame at oblique angle to highlight the differences.

PS - When you find it, post the location so future searchers can also find theirs.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:07 PM   #4

Trailer: Play Pac ('Egg Krate')
Welcome to Liza. I'm afraid I crawled all around my Play Pac and didn't find the VIN number. Luckily when I purchased mine, it came with a valid title, with VIN.

Would love to see pictures of your Play Pac.

Bonnie
Old 06-01-2008, 08:40 PM   #5

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

My Fiber Stream put the VIN on a thin aluminum sticker next to the front side marker light on the driver's side. It is duplicated on a state government inspection sticker (also thin aluminum) next to the entry door.

I have added a stamping of the VIN to the tongue as extra "insurance" against either of those stickers falling off.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:07 PM   #6

Thank you all for your ideas and for the effort Bonnie made crawling all over hers. I still haven't located it, but will keep looking..thank you!!
Old 06-02-2008, 11:07 AM   #7

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Do you have a title or registration from the previous owner in Washington? If you do and a VIN is listed on it then get it stamped on the tongue at a garage or shop. Stamp sets to do this are available at places like Tool King or Harbor Freight for very reasonable prices so you might be able to get a set and do it yourself.

Most older trailers had the VIN stamped on the top or side of the tongue so check closely in that area. If the tongue has been painted several times the number may be hidden under the many layers of paint. Also check under the propane tank mounting base if your rig has one. I've found a few hiding under there.

Most states and provinces have a procedure to assign a VIN to homemade trailers so you could also research that path. You might need a bill of sale for the "pieces" you bought to build that homemade trailer though.

I'm currently going through a similar situation to get a title for a vehicle I bought from a junkyard. The title was deleted from state records when the vehicle was scrapped out. I just needed the body but, of course, that's where the VIN is stamped.

It might take a while and many trips to the motor vehicle office but it can be resolved.
Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:27 PM   #8

Thanks to everyone for their help with my VIN issue. I ended up buying a stamping set and doing it myself. Great response, Thanks!

Tags
license, registration, title, vin