Where to buy a drawer? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2011, 06:28 PM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Where to buy a drawer?

I'd like to add a drawer above my icebox (like the ones in Scamps). I'll move the icebox down to make room. But, other than going to Scamp, are there any other options? I don't have woodworking skills and just want to get a 'kit' that includes the drawer, slides, and maybe that cool cover that keeps the silverware from falling out while towing.
Anyone got any suggestions? (I'm sure you do!)
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:31 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Check the budget models: Products | Rollingshelvesonline.com - Free Shipping! $25.95!! FREE SHIPPING!!!!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:56 PM   #3

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
At Camping World, and I'm sure other RV accessory sites, there is a drawer that can be attached under the table.
Smart Solutions - Add-a-Drawer - Space Savers - Camping World

Google RV under table drawer.
Alice

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #4

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
It looks like these are faceless rolling shelves that go into cupboards, and not drawers with a face front?:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I think the toughest part of this drawer project would be setting up the carcass with supports to mount rails to take the new drawer. If you can get that far, the rest should be easier. Scamp might be a good place to start if you can't get a peek at someone else's trailer.

Regards,

Matt
Old 05-26-2011, 12:20 AM   #5

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
I'd like to add a drawer above my icebox (like the ones in Scamps). I'll move the icebox down to make room. But, other than going to Scamp, are there any other options? I don't have woodworking skills and just want to get a 'kit' that includes the drawer, slides, and maybe that cool cover that keeps the silverware from falling out while towing.
Anyone got any suggestions? (I'm sure you do!)

In my part of the country many people have wood shops in their garages. You could start by asking some of neighbors is they know of anybody that could make and install it for you. Another place would be the local senior center, many have wood shops and seniors that would love to take on such a project.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #6

Registry
Plastic under-table drawers are on my shopping list, but I'm looking for a real wood drawer to install above my fridge (just like they have in scamps). I can figure out how to frame out and install the slides. The nice thing about ordering the scamp drawer is that it will be already sized for our small trailers. But I thought that someone might have another source.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:19 AM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Here in Portland, there are at least a half-dozen kitchen cabinet outlets. Most have seconds, etc. bet you could find just the size you want at a place like that. You'd need actual dimensions you want/need. The silverware drawer in my Scamp is tiny because it's mounted under the sink and the depth needed to be short due to the plumbing.

My future plan is to add two rolling shelves under the kitchen sink area for canned goods, etc. Don't like getting on my hands and knees to find the pork 'n beans!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #8

Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT13 ft ('The Mothball')
Hey Pam,
if you want a picture of the Camping World drawers, I used them in my closet, link to the pics below. This was a pretty simple mod I did in the closet that gives you shelves and two drawers to use.

Good luck,
Bridget

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...set-43117.html
Bridget T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:04 PM   #9

Registry
Thanks Bridget - the shelves and the added drawers look great!!