Where to get a SMEV cooktop/sink combo unit with glass top...? - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #1

Name: Kathleen
Trailer: Boler
Washington
Where to get a SMEV cooktop/sink combo unit with glass top...?

I am having a hard time obtaining a SMEV combo unit/hob up here in Seattle. Does anyone have any great resources that they could share? I am starting to think I will have to purchase one in the UK and ship it over. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 03-23-2011, 09:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Maybe this forum will help you. Scroll down towards bottom. They mention a Panther RV in Vancouver, WA. The link did not work for me.

On the second page another person mentioned someplace in Oregon.

SMEV HOB - Sprinter-Forum

Good luck hunting. Nancy

Old 03-23-2011, 09:53 PM   #3

Name: Peter
Trailer: 1971 Amerigo
Colorado
I emailed Panther RV.
They have the hob but not the hob/sink combinations.
They said they were looking into those. Wouldn't hurt for them to hear from as many intersted parties as there are.

I have friends in Britain who would send one but the postage is as much as the unit :~(
Old 03-23-2011, 10:04 PM   #4

Washington
Thanks for the help Nancy and Peter... The place is Oregon has the exact model that I am after and has a pic of it in the website - 3 burner w/sink and glass top. You can see it here.

RV-stoves-oregon

I am going to call them in the morning. Keep your fingers crossed that the company is still in business and stocks this unit. Will let you know how it turns out. Would be ideal because OR doesn't have sales tax and I am shipping to Bend, OR where the restoration of my Boler is taking place!
Old 03-24-2011, 07:03 AM   #5

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I think those things look great. I'd just question how deep the sink is? Looks really shallow. I couldn't wash my coffee cup in it... I'd like a really deep sink. I get tired of wiping up the splashes.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #6

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I think those things look great. I'd just question how deep the sink is? Looks really shallow. I couldn't wash my coffee cup in it... I'd like a really deep sink. I get tired of wiping up the splashes.
Hmmm - good point - hadn't noticed that. From the specs it looks like it's only about 6" deep
Old 03-25-2011, 10:01 AM   #7

Washington
Update: The combo units are no longer available to the dealer. It's a UK or AU order or bust. They do however have the separate glass top sinks with faucet ($279) and 2 burner stove ($299) available. My quest for the elusive all in one unit ends here. Going for the individual units that still can be closed for additional counter top space when not in use.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:12 AM   #8

Colorado
You might look for a sheet metal shop that does stainless steel work - or a stainless fabricator to make a custom lid.
No..really.
There's a shop here that will do small jobs for a rather reasonable price - especially since this is pretty simple.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #9
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Interesting, I believe that's the same 3 burner combination unit in our Trillium 1300. Raz
Old 03-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #10

Trailer: 1980 Burro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Crowl View Post
Hmmm - good point - hadn't noticed that. From the specs it looks like it's only about 6" deep
When I was looking at the combo units, I found many of the combo unit sinks were only 4 inches deep, so I did not get one. I did get the 2 burner stove with glass top from Aerycorp on Ebay last September when they were still sold there. The 2 burner stoves on Ebay cost $183 with electronic ignition and shipping was $15. If I remember correctly the ones without electronic ignition were $25 or $30 less. I have not installed it yet since I have lots more work to do first. Aerycorp only had the round sink with glass top not the matching rectangular sink, so I did not get the sink.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:51 PM   #11

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
The one on the lower left looks exactly like the Cramer unit in our Trillium. I was surprised at how large a pot I could get in the sink. What we do is heat the water on the stove in our big pot. When it is hot, place some dish detergent in the sink, pour part of the water in, wash the dishes and rinse in the remaining water in the pot. Works great! Of course we don't do 6 guest dinner parties. LOL

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:18 PM   #12

Name: Jameson
Trailer: Scamp
California
Bringing this old thread back to life because I finally got my SMEV recessed cooktop installed. Through lots of research, including on this site, there are a couple online importers for SMEV but they will run you minimum $300ish to get one going. I started looking on craigslist and ebay regularly and finally landed this baby for $130. So the deals are out there, but you have to stay on top of it!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3203.jpg