Which Fan-Tastic Fan? (for a 1985 Casita) - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2015, 11:51 AM   #21

Name: Bex
Trailer: Casita
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
The standard way is to tap into the wiring to the light over the bed/dinette and use an electricians fish tape or a coat hanger to run the wire across the ceiling to the vent opening. It's been done many times, including twice by me.
If you could get to LHC either in Texas or Arizona, I'd recommend them highly for experience, quality, cost and new friends. Camping World's rates have gone through the roof.
If there are more mods you have in mind, a trip to LHC could actually be a fun excursion. They are great folks and avid Casita owners themselves.

Walt
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is LHC stand for?
rebeccasf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:04 PM   #22

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
The advantage to the Fantastic fan is that they offer lower cost fans from entry level up through comparables. They also offer a lifetime guarantee at all levels.

The Maxxfan when equipped with premium features suffers from a premium price which can be even higher than a roof mounted A/C.

Both products are of amazing quality, built to last in a throw away world.[/QUOTE]

I don't think $220.00 is out of line from the Fantastic Fan prices.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002OW5JIU/...78576865253772
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:07 PM   #23

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccasf View Post
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is LHC stand for?
Sorry about that. LHC is Little House Customs, a small, excellent group that specializes in repairs, upgrades, and modifications to Casitas and other fiberglass trailers. I mistakenly thought they'd been mentioned often enough here that LHC would be recognized.
They have shops in Texas and Arizona and are themselves avid fiberglass campers.
littlehousecustoms.com

Walt
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:13 PM   #24

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post

I don't think $220.00 is out of line from the Fantastic Fan prices.
Amazon.com: Maxxair 00-06200K MaxxFan Ventillation Fan with Smoke Lid and Manual Opening Keypad Control: Automotive
Dave & Paula
[/QUOTE]
Maybe I don't understand your comment, or you didn't understand mine.
A top shelf Maxxfan can approach $500.
Compare feature to feature and they do "overlap"... with Fantastic Fans starting much lower with fewer features... and Maxxfan going much higher with premium features.
Apples to apples, I have found it much easier to buy a Fantastic Fan at a better price.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 10:10 AM   #25

Name: Michael
Trailer: Casita
Texas
@rebeccasf did you end up installing one? just picked up my first Casita and I also don't have a powered fan on the roof so I'm looking into this.
lfkwtz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita